Honored Contributor

Re: My Go-To Concealer has been Discontinued! Help!

[ Edited ]

@Sooner 

NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer.
I have very dark under eye circles and dry skin that can result in most concealers settling into creases. This one does not settle, goes on great and lasts all day, even in Florida humidity. Great consistency. I use the shade Custard. Sometimes I color correct and mix the NARS with a peach concealer that was made by Becca, now discontinued. This is to cancel out the dark tones under my eyes. I bought eleven concealers before the NARS. Tried Estée Lauder, can't remember which one. I also tried MAC...see #5, too drying, LA Girl, drug store ones. I also bought an expensive Estée Lauder extreme coverage foundation and tried to cover the circles with it but this optionwas very drying. Besides all of these I also tried the many concealers included with 
palettes I had bought. I watched countless YouTube videos showing the testing of concealers. I did not try Shape Tape.

NARS colors are shown here on top.. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer was consistently ranked number 1 in the videos and product ratings. 

5DB5A0BA-2571-4FDD-AF8F-C77869CCF07F.jpeg

8819A96D-CEB1-4522-AE30-229F79A6E3BD.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@Sooner  What is the name of this concealer?  I just went on Macy's web site, and it looks like Clinique has at least six different types of concealer.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

My go-to concealer is no more!  It was that little Clinique concealer in the clear tube and they have updated it.  

It was bullet proof!  It went on a little dry, could be lightly tapped on and basically invisible and would last the entire day, covering up anything you put it on, and fit in your pocket!  

The color was great too.  Estee Lauder in the tube isn't bad, but do you have a favorite that will hold on ALL day?  If so, please let me know!  

@Sooner 

Oh gees .... I have had to deal with THREE discontinued products in the past year, so I feel like my experience might help.

First, call a human at Clinique and verify that it's discontinued, and ask if there is one of their warehouses anywhere that might have at least a couple left in the color you want.   

If it's definitely discontinued, you are in a Makeup Transition Period .... trying to find any last tubes of the concealer while investigating what a good replacement might be.  

Cut and paste the exact name, and search repeatedly online for it .... Ebay, Amazon, Big Lots, JCP, Sephora, Ulta, Target, Walmart, Macys  ....  a lot of beauty supply places also sell online, so you really just don't know.  Search every possible place you can think of ....    also try buymybeauty dot com, byrdie dot come  and  discontinuedbeauty dot com.  

If you have a friend or someone who lives elsewhere, have them check out their local Big Lots if it pops up on their website.   Big Lots buys lots of discontinued products.

Search everywhere immediately.   If it's been discontinued for months, it will be hard but not impossible.  If it was discontinued last week, you actually have a head start and might be able to stock up a few.

Oh yeah ... if you don't already have one, do a Search on Ebay for the item, and set it up to get an email if anyone lists the concealer in the future.   You might find nothing on Ebay today and several could pop up next week.  Ya never know. 

They always seem to cancel the good ones, don't they?

Good luck ............      Heart

Super Contributor

I have the darkest circles under my eyes!! I've tried every concealer from the cheapest to the most expensive, and found nothing that worked really well. Some consistencies too creamy and cause liner or mascara to travel. Others too dry and ages you. I recently tried the Westmore eye concealer and wow, it took away all my dark circles! I am so surprised how well it works. I dab it on. Then a put a very light coat of IT powder over and it covers all of the darkness!! And it lasts.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner how much do you need to cover?  

I have really bad under eye circles. That is really all I need concealer for so I typically use a pretty full coverage concealer.  I also have dry under eyes so I need something that isn't drying at all. 

I've never used the Clinique so I don't know how much coverage it had.

I know the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind is very popular but that is one of my least favorite concealers for my purpose.  It doesn't do a good job covering my circles at all and I found it drying if I used it consistently.  I tried to use up a tube but ended up tossing it. 

My favorite drugstore concealers are CoverGirl Tru Blend and Milani Conceal and Perfect.  I also like the new Wet N Wild Incognito.

For department store, my all time favorite is Too Faced Born this Way.  

Regular Contributor

I am using ELF Camo concealer in Medium and really like it. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva What I loved about this concealer was that it went on pretty dry.  You put a tiny dot on your finger, tapped it out on your skin and it blended in great and STAYED there!.

It was a drying concealer, and stayed through moist weather and humidity, sweat and anything else!  

What I am looking for is nothing you'd put under your eyes, but drying and staying put.  I used it for small blemishes and such and throughout my working career it would be there all day and into the night!  Sigh!  At least I'm "retared".  Woman Very Happy

It can be my new hobby--finding another one! Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@Sooner 

I'm enjoying my Nars Radiant Concealer.  It goes on like a dream.  It hasn't had a good workout yet but it's supposed to be a holy grail item.  So far so good. I also have the Fenty concealer coming (no, I didn't mean to order two concealers Smiley Surprised).  Also hear great things about that one and I've loved every Fenty product I've tried of hers.  I'm sorry they stopped making it.  How dare they do that to you! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Try finding it on ebay. 

@Shelbelle thanks but since it has been discontinued for a while it would be old.  I just have to move on!  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@Lipstickdiva What I loved about this concealer was that it went on pretty dry.  You put a tiny dot on your finger, tapped it out on your skin and it blended in great and STAYED there!.

It was a drying concealer, and stayed through moist weather and humidity, sweat and anything else!  

What I am looking for is nothing you'd put under your eyes, but drying and staying put.  I used it for small blemishes and such and throughout my working career it would be there all day and into the night!  Sigh!  At least I'm "retared".  Woman Very Happy

It can be my new hobby--finding another one! Woman Frustrated

@Sooner since you are engaging in a new hobby, I'd like to request that you try the Pat McGrath skin fetish concealer and report back. Smiley Very Happy 

In all seriousness, maybe look into the Benefit Boi-Ing Cakeless Full Coverage Waterproof concealer.