Honored Contributor

Re: My GD's Friend Sierra is Missing, please help

[ Edited ]

Antolin torres-garcia was found guilty of murder.  He received life without parole.  

I'd like to let you all know there will be a memorial service for Sierra in Fremont on august 13.  You can check listings for time and address, as it will be public.  

Thanks everyone for your support and prYers.  It has been a long 5 years!  Sierra would be 20 this fall.  She was a 15 yr old sophmore in high school when she went missing.

Honored Contributor

Thank God for DNA.  I hope that this will at least bring a measure of comfort to this family knowing he will never do this to someone else's daughter.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I want to apologize to those of you who are not familiar with this case.  This thread was started in 2015.  We had it going until Her murderer was found , tried and sentenced.  I dug up this old thread as I know many here followed this case.  I wanted to let you know there is a program tonight on her.  

Just wanted to update those of you that followed te fate of my granddaughters friend Sierra La Mar .  Tonight, Weds. July 15, 2010  on ID channel there will be a review of her case.  Ihave DISHsatellite, and Am in California  and it is on 6 pm.  The show is entitled  See No Evil.  

Although her body has never been found, Antolin Garcia Torres was convicted of her murder and is serving life.

if you are interested, check it out .  I understand there will be surveillance never before released.

also, at the time this happened somehow it appeared in Beauty.  I tried to move it to Community but it hadnt happened...so sorry.  If the moderators could move this thread to Community it would be great

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks so much for posting this, @shoekitty .  I just set it up to record.

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty Thanks for letting us know.  I watched the program and got teary at the end.   I'm a little north of you on the peninsula and followed it when it was happening.  My 2 daughters are a year older than Sierra would have been.  It doesn't seem like 8 years have passed.  I wish her family would have had the closure of finding her, but at least they know that this monster can't harm anyone else.  

Honored Contributor

@Linmo   I know what you mean about your kids frowin gup.  My granddaughter was a grade ahead of Sierra, they were on the same competative cheer team though.  Since both of them were tiny peanuts, they were the two girls that  were at the top of the heap, and got tossed up ALOT.  Lol

i know what Rick meant when he broke down crying when he said he keeps in touch with sierras friends.  To see them grow, and mature and take paths in life, and your own precious daugter never will.  Sierra to them is forever  15 years old.  My granddaughter has graduated college, and is working on higher degree.  His daughter still is afreshman in high school forever.    so sad.   She was such a jubilent girl.  Such a smile.  I didnt know her, but saw her often  at events with cheer.  Marlee was always there, so we knew her

Respected Contributor

@shoekittyI thought of you tonight when I watched the show.Heart