Honored Contributor

Re: ~~ My Eyelashes Will NOT Curl ~~

sparklestar, did you see my response to your post about the BGT remoist? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I was skeptical about trying it bc I didn't want to press into the eye area. I don't turn up too hard and I don't press in as hard as it looks like he does. And it still works and stays curled all day. I tightline first and put on mascara after.
Happy WEN Girl since 1/12/2012
Super Contributor

All my life (45 yrs at least) I have applied a coat of mascara and then curled even when I have heated the curler with the hair dryer. I just do not hold it for long periods. I press, let go, press, let go. I don't break my lashes that way. Once curled I add a coat of Lash Genius by Anastasia. I have the one from Tarte now but prior to that one I always bought Maybelline Eye Lash Curler.

Contributor

Don't curl your eyelashes after mascara has been applied!!!! I recently learned the hard way. I have used an eyelash curler for many years - I use it before applying mascara and if I'm still not happy with the curl, I would use it after once mascara has been applied. I chopped off all of the eyelashes in the middle of the eyelid - but the outer and inner lashes were fine. It happened on 1 eye and then the same thing happened with the other eye. I panicked enough to start researching on-line the growth timeframe till they grow back (it took about a month to look normal again). But I'll tell you, I couldn't stand applying mascara to short stubby eyelashes - it was clumpy and I could not separate the lashes at all. I'm lucky they didn't fall out completely!
Super Contributor

I have to bump mine with the hair dryer first. I just don't get it too hot, just warm. That's the only way my lashes will curl.

Respected Contributor

On 7/14/2014 HappyDaze said:

sparklestar, did you see my response to your post about the BGT remoist? Smiley Happy

I just went back to read it. So do you think they will have this on Super Saturday, as the others said?

Honored Contributor

On 7/15/2014 sparklestar said:

I just went back to read it. So do you think they will have this on Super Saturday, as the others said?

no, the SS deal is the Replenishing treatment mist set. I'm thinking August time frame? Wink

Respected Contributor

On 7/15/2014 HappyDaze said:
On 7/15/2014 sparklestar said:

no, the SS deal is the Replenishing treatment mist set. I'm thinking August time frame? Wink

Awesome. Just in time for my b'day!

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 sparklestar said:
On 7/14/2014 sparklestar said:
On 7/14/2014 Kjelle said: This is a great vid by Wayne Goss. This tip makes a lot of difference. www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdC0WZjQnK4 THE EYELASH CURLER TIP YOU DON'T KNOW BUT SHOULD! gossmakeupartist .

that looks like a lot of stress on the lashes. His eyes were watering.

I kind of thought the same thing and I am usually pretty impatient so I'd be afraid I'd pull out lashes. BUT, he sure is a cutie! Wink That is the first time I've watched a video by him, although I've heard alot about him on these forums.

I hadn't noticed ({#emotions_dlg.blushing}) .... he does have nice white teeth!

Because of the link to that vid, I spent the night with Wayne Goss. :-) Once I get started with his stuff, I just don't quit -- so many good ones. Anyway, there's a vid explaining what he did with his teeth (veneers). He said they matched them with his real teeth color-wise, but he's been getting so many posts about how white they are. According to him, they aren't really that DAZZLING in real life -- just seem to look that way on camera.

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 Kjelle said: This is a great vid by Wayne Goss. This tip makes a lot of difference. www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdC0WZjQnK4 THE EYELASH CURLER TIP YOU DON'T KNOW BUT SHOULD! gossmakeupartist .

GREAT vid! Looked a little scary, but I didn't push in HARD, and didn't yank the curler up. It worked! Thanks!!

PS - my eyes weren't watering and I always clamp long and hard on my curlers.