Respected Contributor

I know this is  not beauty related, but you ladies are so awesome I need to ask this question.

My frames broke after falling on the bathroom ceramic floor.But the lens didn't break. I was wondering can you just buy frames and use the lenses still? Will any place do this? This may sound weird but just thought I would ask.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: My Eye Glasses Frames Broke

A good optical store should be able to fit the lenses into another frame

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Valued Contributor

Depending on how and where your frames broke you might be able to get some Gorilla glue and fix them.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

A good optical store should be able to fit the lenses into another frame

Many on these boards complain that optical and optometrists are too expensive. But specialized services are really valuable at times like broken frames. Usually an optical store can find or may have in stock a substitue frame. If the frame came from mail order or discount place then the exact frame may not be available. Lenses are valuable do not discard. 

Don't try to glue the frame. If you get glue on the lenses they are forever damanged. If the glue gets on the lens edge theuy may not fit into another frame.

If you got the glasses from mail order you might be able to purchase frame only.

Valued Contributor

Have you tried the place you got them?  Where I go offers a year of frame replacement without cost.  Either way, they might be able to order the frames and add your current lenses. 

Honored Contributor

I would go back to the place where you bought your eye glasses and see what they can do for you.

Trusted Contributor

How long have you had the glasses?  Call your eye dr and ask if there was a warranty of any kind on the frames.  Some brands and insurance will replace under warranty no questions asked.  

PS I have boys who started wearing glasses at age 5 - we've had to replace many pairs under warranty.  Even hubby just had to have his replaced this week.

Respected Contributor

@DrakesMomma wrote:

Have you tried the place you got them?  Where I go offers a year of frame replacement without cost.  Either way, they might be able to order the frames and add your current lenses. 

True I had something similar happen months after I purchased my frames. The doctor's office contacted their supplier and were able to get the exact frame.

Respected Contributor

You would need the same frame or something almost exactly like it. The lens is cut for the frame.  I was able to find a replica of my frames online.  I needed it because the writing on one of the sides was all worn off and looked cheap.  If you can find the same frames just take it to an optical store and have them change the lenses out.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama  If you could get the same frame that would be great otherwise something close to it but not larger as far as the lens fit but could be smaller because they probably can shave the lens to fit.

kindness is strength