Esteemed Contributor

My ELF e/s arrived!

[ Edited ]

I ordered ELF no budge e/s and makeup remover cleansing balm Thursday, 13th and it arrived Sunday 16th. Talk about fast service!

The shadow lives up to it's name, as it really doesn't budge. The color, magnetic pull, is a metallic taupe with plum highlights. Lighter than the photo, but I wouldn't want anything too dark, anyway. I mixed it with one of my cream and sugar palette colors, and the result was lovely. 

The cleansing balm, not as I thought. It works OK on my skin, but not so great removing eye shadow. I was careful not to get any in my eyes, and wiped it off with a tissue, then rinsed with water. It removed the shadow, but it made my eyes water  and I felt a slight irritation which went away after a couple minutes. 

I will use the balm on my face, but will have to go back to cleansing cloths or vaseline for eye makeup removal. I discovered the vaseline a while back and it works wonders for removing eyeshadow and mascara. Doesn't feel greasy at all or causes irritation. 

That was the first ELF product I wasn't completely satisfied with, although it works in some capacity. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

@teganslaw - the eyeshadow sounds nice.  I love the cleansing balm for taking off my face makeup.  Usually I take my eye makeup off with eye makeup remover anyway so didn't try it for that.

Respected Contributor

@teganslaw I'm going to try that color of e/s when I get a chance. It looks pretty!