Contributor

You all know we let Daddy go yesterday evening. He was very sick, and his body just wasn't able to get any better. All of us were with him and he went very quietly and quickly. He simply went to sleep after all the medications were stopped. I held one of his hands and my brother held the other. I told him he was the best daddy in the world and that I was so lucky to have him and that I loved him very much. I cut off some locks of his hair, his beautiful salt and pepper hair. Leaving him was so hard. I never imagined that we wouldn't be bringing him home from the hospital to be back with his kitties. I try to think that now he is with the kitty {Squeeky} that we lost a couple of years ago that he dearly loved, and that he's with his mom and dad and will suffer no more.

I think I'm just numb right now. Coming home and seeing all his things everywhere, I just push it out of my mind for the moment. It doesn't help much that yesterday morning I started getting sick with a cold but at least today the sore throat is gone. It's just my head so far.

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful, very heartfelt wishes you've posted. You will never know how much it has helped me to know that I've had your love and support and prayers for me, Daddy and my family. You are all so wonderful and I love you all. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. And to NiceCarGirl ---- well sweetie, there just aren't words. You know how I feel. {#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.wub} to all of you.