Honored Contributor

Re: My DESTROYED Beekman order from EVINE WAS....

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what happened here but @SahmIam, how do you know Beekman thought Evine CS stinks and that they were unhappy with Evine?   

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lmt wrote:

I'm not thrilled with Evine's customer service either.

I recently ordered a handbag from them online. I have two credit cards on file with them and I accidentally used the wrong one. I called CS the next day and asked if they could change it to the other credit card. Nope. They said once the order is 'in process' no changes can be made. I asked them why they couldn't credit the card I used by mistake and charge the other one. I was told they couldn't do that. Told me If I had used Value Pay (which I didn't) then they could've changed it to the other card after the first payment was charged to the incorrect card. I asked if I could still get Value Pay. Nope. I asked them if I could cancel the order. Nope, too late for that too - even though it was less than 24 hours.

Here's the kicker. It's seven days later and my bag still hasn't even shipped. My credit card still hasn't been billed and the bag is still offered on Value Pay.

Can't figure them out!!

@lmt

Yes Evine can credit back your credit card & charge the other one. For some they are just lazy & will not do it. It can be done with no problems.

I have never really had any issues with Evine. Not long ago their shipping changed. I used to get my packages fairly quickly but now their shipping is slow mo from China.

I placed an order on the the 17th & just received the shipping confirmation last night before I went to bed. That's almost 10 days to ship. Totally ridiculous IMO.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I'm not thrilled with Evine's customer service either.

I recently ordered a handbag from them online. I have two credit cards on file with them and I accidentally used the wrong one. I called CS the next day and asked if they could change it to the other credit card. Nope. They said once the order is 'in process' no changes can be made. I asked them why they couldn't credit the card I used by mistake and charge the other one. I was told they couldn't do that. Told me If I had used Value Pay (which I didn't) then they could've changed it to the other card after the first payment was charged to the incorrect card. I asked if I could still get Value Pay. Nope. I asked them if I could cancel the order. Nope, too late for that too - even though it was less than 24 hours.

Here's the kicker. It's seven days later and my bag still hasn't even shipped. My credit card still hasn't been billed and the bag is still offered on Value Pay.

Can't figure them out!!

@lmt

Yes Evine can credit back your credit card & charge the other one. For some they are just lazy & will not do it. It can be done with no problems.

I have never really had any issues with Evine. Not long ago their shipping changed. I used to get my packages fairly quickly but now their shipping is slow mo from China.

I placed an order on the the 17th & just received the shipping confirmation last night before I went to bed. That's almost 10 days to ship. Totally ridiculous IMO.

@Nightowlz  I called customer service twice, on two different days and was told the same story. Maybe it's a new policy for them? Or maybe as you say, they just don't want to go to the trouble of changing it.

Yeah, I also noticed how bad their shipping has gotten. They used to be pretty good, not anymore. I also noticed that you used to be able to cancel your order online for a longer period of time - at least a full 24 hours. I tried to cancel my order less than 12 hours and I couldn't.

Oh well, I don't order much from them anyway. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  I had to contact Beekmans' CS because of an issue with items in an additional order (not for me, not paid for by me, but ordered via me). Their CS was LOVELY, I have to give credit when due.

It was via the conversations with 2 of the CS staff that I was told how they felt about EVINE and the lack of CS EVINE offered. Other words were used but QVC would sensor them. I also mentioned my destroyed order and found out I wasn't the only person to call. I was directed to check out the Beekman 1802 site and found numerous complaints from customers who had large orders arrive in boxes too flimsy to hold them as well as no packing material and the damages/missing items they were dealing with not to mention others who were told they had to have their claims notorized as well (that's what made me comply). I don't do Facebook but I figured out that if you click on the hearts you can see who "agrees" with your post (like here). Every post that states how horrible the EVINE CS service and how thrilled the person is that Beekman left EVINE is thumbed up by the BB's. There's one comment that discusses how the poster bets Beekman left due to how horrible EVINE was to work with, how awful the EVINE CS is and how thrilled they are that BB left EVINE. The only thumbs up to that comment is by the BB's.

Maybe it's just me; between the conversations I had with their own staff, the posts on the company's Facebook page that were thumbed up the vendor and what we've discussed here, yeah, I would say it's a valid conclusion. 

Again, must compliment Beekmans' CS as amazing; they helped out where EVINE refused/acted indifferent. 

Contributor

I just wanted to let you know, I dont think this is a "Beekman" issue.  It is an Evine issue.  I make large purchases from them on a regular basis.   This sort of thing with the boxes happens so regularly that it is a joke with my UPS guy!   He hates them!  They put little boxes in one big box and are too lazy to put enough packing in to make it not bounce around in shipment.  Last week an order arrived with the box in shreds and tape wrapped completely around the whole box.

I had to file a claim for almost $450 worth of product missing from a shipment a couple months ago!  They then made it so, I had to sign for all large orders.  So now I wont sign unless I open and count the items.   Hence, why UPS HATES them.

Just thought I'd let you know, its not just you, and not just Beekman.  The $450 worth of stuff was Skinn.

Respected Contributor

I'm glad you got your credit. Apart from the package that UPS delivered to the wrong apartment door shipped from Evine, I've never had an issue with them customer service wise. Although I have also noticed that orders are in process a lot longer than they used to be. It can be nearly a week before they're shipped. I'm not sure if that's laziness on the part of the warehouse or if they were instructed to wait longer in case people do want to cancel and they're not stuck on the phone with CS. 

Respected Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

I'm glad you got your credit. Apart from the package that UPS delivered to the wrong apartment door shipped from Evine, I've never had an issue with them customer service wise. Although I have also noticed that orders are in process a lot longer than they used to be. It can be nearly a week before they're shipped. I'm not sure if that's laziness on the part of the warehouse or if they were instructed to wait longer in case people do want to cancel and they're not stuck on the phone with CS. 

@Cumbercookie13  I don't think that's it. I tried to cancel my order less than 12 hours after I ordered online and wasn't able to. Even after calling customer service twice.

Maybe they don't have enough help? Who knows. I just know that their shipping is getting really bad.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reba954  I NEVER said or implied it was Beekman. This thread is a follow-up to the first one I left when this box arrived. It contained almost $1000 worth of product and EVINE....EVINE....allow me to say it again EVINE did NOT:

*use a strong enough box

*did not use strong packing tape

*did not put ANY packing material in a box that contained 55 pounds of product

*had an attitude about the issues with the package

*didn't care about it or future packages that arrived with issues (which Beekman CS handled with grace even though it was EVINE who caused the issues).

Why you thought this was a rant about Beekman, I do not know. It was NOT. Responsibility is SOLELY EVINES.

Esteemed Contributor

CS at Evine is really non-existent, they answer the phones, but they are unable to do anything for the customer to resolve the issue in a reasonable manner. Between cs and the shipping dept. they really offer me no service or reason to buy from them.

Placed an order directly with Beekman recently, and wow, the cs was wonderful, the rep. was very nice and pleasant to talk to.The order was placed on Mon.,shipped that afternoon and arrived at my door that Wednesday! Now is that fast shipping or what?!Woman Very Happy

Only thing left at evine is Skinn, I reallllyyyy wish Dimitri would go to HSN, too! I know his anniversary show is coming up, but gives me pause for thought. Oh, what to do.....Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

credited back to my account.

I did have the documents officiated by a notary at a branch about 40 minutes away. 

Let it be known, I have since found out I was NOT the only one this happened to. Many customers lost items, had large boxes delivered with holes, missing items, items opened and ALL were missing packing/protection material. No EVINE WILL NOT replace any of the items. 

I don't know but to ME, it sounds like some people were not happy with Beekman and took it out on the customers. I will also say that I found out Beekman was NOT happy with EVINE and thinks their CS STINKS.

Beware when dealing with EVINE, folks.

What stinks is that they are still having customers get documents notarized.  That’s why I refuse to do business with them.  It happened to me once and that was enough.  I didn’t receive and item ans they treated me like a criminal.  No wonder they are doing so poorly.  It wasn’t even delivered to my house.