Honored Contributor

Re: My Blower Dryer Died

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2   Whatever brand you choose, make sure the dryer will not damage your hair.  There are dryers that protect the hair with their technology.  Babyliss, T3 and others.  I purchased my dryer from Nordstrom on sale.  It is a small T3 with 2 speeds plus cool.  I believe it is considered their travel dryer.  Lightweight.   Check out Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Okay, I just bought the Drybar dryer in the set from Ulta. I have amassed a boatload of reward points, I don’t know why the heck I haven’t used them before. Anyway I got 20% off, got 5x reward points for hair tools, used most of my reward points, I got the dryer $37.24, the only downside is my hair will look terrible until I receive it!

You did very well. I did this last year when mine died and bought a GHD at Ulta with points and paid $45. It pays to rack up those points. People will say that drugstore dryers work just as well but I noticed a big difference when I switched to higher end brand.

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Ulta sells Conair blow dryers & if you have Ulta’s 20% off coupon it will be even less! 

I have a Conair & I wish the back would unscrew so the filter can be more easily cleaned. I use a damp Q tip that I poke through the holes to get at the lint. 

@JustJazzmom I use tweezers to get the lint off mine.  It's a bit time consuming...but my under $20 dryer is going strong after years of use.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

I have a T3 which I love. I think I paid $60 for it which I thought was expensive but it has has lasted for years. It dries my hair fast but doesn't fry it. My husband tried it and liked it so much that I had to buy him one. That says a lot

T3 on coupon at Costco

My son bought me the T3 dryer that comes with a brush from Costco. It was selling for $69.00.  It was a Birthday gift. I used it last night and my hair looks great. They have the T3 curling iron on sale for $44.00. I would highly recommend this dryer.

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino Full-Size Dryer

Lightweight, easy to hold, top-rated. $130 on Amazon.

I've had this blow dryer for more than 7 years and it still works.  If you want a long lasting motor and your budget is $130ish this is it.  It has an Italian motor that I swear will never die.

I did however buy the Dyson a few weeks before Black Friday and I love how fast it dries my hair.  It was a splurge but it is saving me time and I love the diffuser attachment.  I don't think the Dyson leaves my hair as polished as the BabylissPRO when I straighten it so when I have a bit more time I will use the Portofino, but for wearing my hair curly when I'm pressed for time I pick the Dyson.  

Regular Contributor

@elated wrote:

@jackthebear wrote:

@Fressa wrote:

I have a T3 which I love. I think I paid $60 for it which I thought was expensive but it has has lasted for years. It dries my hair fast but doesn't fry it. My husband tried it and liked it so much that I had to buy him one. That says a lot

T3 on coupon at Costco

My son bought me the T3 dryer that comes with a brush from Costco. It was selling for $69.00.  It was a Birthday gift. I used it last night and my hair looks great. They have the T3 curling iron on sale for $44.00. I would highly recommend this dryer.

I had the T3 in the past both in full size and travel size and the full size died in less than 6 months.  The travel size had a long life until I dropped it and then it died.  This also happened to me with Bio Ionic blow dryers.  They died in less than a year.  I'd say it is very important to know a few things before buying a blow dryer in addition to the budget: 1) length and texture of the hair 2) do you want a straight, wavy or curly look 3) time available for styling  and 4)how often are you planning to use it.  Most blow dryers are not built for daily use because their motors don't have a long life.

Respected Contributor

Unless you have a lot of hair or it is non-porous (dries slowly)), any blow dryer will be fine- you don’t need to spend more than $50.00.  That’s what I find! 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wondering about your outlet or the red reset button also. Most blow dryers last for a couple of years at least, unless you"re my hair stylist who goes through one a year!! I've had my Conair for 6 or 7 years....used it daily when I was working and now use it 2 to 3 times a week since I retired.

Esteemed Contributor

My hair dries in 30-minutes or less without a dryer.  However, the Drybar Little Buttercup gives me great at home smoothing and drying. The result looks very professional with or without futher straightening or curling with irons. 

Esteemed Contributor

Babyliss is under the Conair corporate umbrella so you might also want to look at that brand. I see, especially this time of year, Babyliss hair dryers and styling tools as well as some Conair at Winners and T.J. Maxx and Marshall's.