Honored Contributor

Re: My Blower Dryer Died

[ Edited ]

Ulta sells Conair blow dryers & if you have Ulta’s 20% off coupon it will be even less! 

I have a Conair & I wish the back would unscrew so the filter can be more easily cleaned. I use a damp Q tip that I poke through the holes to get at the lint. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I love my Drybar!  Can't live on this earth without it.

Respected Contributor

My current one was purchased at Tuesday Morning, it was pretty cheap, probably at least 10 years ago.  My requirements are simple, that it blows hot air.  I hardly ever use it anymore, I just let my hair air dry.  I agree that it's important to clean the wire screen filter often.  And, once you smell that burnt smell, it's usually toast, literally.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a T3 which I love. I think I paid $60 for it which I thought was expensive but it has has lasted for years. It dries my hair fast but doesn't fry it. My husband tried it and liked it so much that I had to buy him one. That says a lot

Respected Contributor

I swear by Conair.  I have two different types I use and they last for years.  I can always find a replacement on Amazon for $20 or so.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@2blonde wrote:

I swear by Conair.  I have two different types I use and they last for years.  I can always find a replacement on Amazon for $20 or so.

I have had a number of Conair dryers, they served me well. My favorite one was from many years ago, it may have been the first one ever released. It had three speeds ( most have only two) and three temperature settings. I’m not sure Conair makes it anymore.

Respected Contributor

I've been shopping for a new blow dryer recently, since the one I have was made in the asbestos era and I don't want to blow friable fibers into the air.

The model I think I'll get is a Conair Infinitipro that gives you the choice of ions on or off. It comes with diffuser and  concentrator attachments. It's about $35 right now on Amazon. 

Honored Contributor

Okay, I just bought the Drybar dryer in the set from Ulta. I have amassed a boatload of reward points, I don’t know why the heck I haven’t used them before. Anyway I got 20% off, got 5x reward points for hair tools, used most of my reward points, I got the dryer $37.24, the only downside is my hair will look terrible until I receive it!

Honored Contributor

@Fressa wrote:

I have a T3 which I love. I think I paid $60 for it which I thought was expensive but it has has lasted for years. It dries my hair fast but doesn't fry it. My husband tried it and liked it so much that I had to buy him one. That says a lot

T3 on coupon at Costco

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

Okay, I just bought the Drybar dryer in the set from Ulta. I have amassed a boatload of reward points, I don’t know why the heck I haven’t used them before. Anyway I got 20% off, got 5x reward points for hair tools, used most of my reward points, I got the dryer $37.24, the only downside is my hair will look terrible until I receive it!

Keep the box and proof of purchase if you can.  If anything happens to it within 2 years they'll send you a brand new one but you'll need to have proof of purchase to make it happen.  Their CS is excellent.