Honored Contributor

So without any warning at all my Rusk W8less blow dryer has died. I am looking for recommendations, I'm willing to go as high as $125 ( Dyson is too expensive for me). I swear I go through dryers quickly, I am the only one that uses it, I use daily, they never seen to last very long.

Honored Contributor
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino Full-Size Dryer

Lightweight, easy to hold, top-rated. $130 on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

Re: My Blower Dryer Died

[ Edited ]

I have a $15.00 Conair blow dryer from Walmart that I have had well over 20 years, still works great.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Esteemed Contributor

Are you sure it's dead? Sometimes I think mine died but all it needed was to have that red reset button on the plug pushed in. If yours has one give that a try just in case that's all it needs. Then if it still doesn't turn on it's a goner.

Honored Contributor

I've had Conair for years and cost under $15.  Maybe your outlet has a problem that causes so many failures.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Are you sure it's dead? Sometimes I think mine died but all it needed was to have that red reset button on the plug pushed in. If yours has one give that a try just in case that's all it needs. Then if it still doesn't turn on it's a goner.

@shaggygirl , no it's dead as a door nail, and it has a burnt smell.

Honored Contributor

I've found that the cheaper the dryer the longer it lasts. No idea why.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

By the way, blow dryers last longer if you try to keep the filter clean. My old dryer had a piece you could unscrew to get to it easier with a little brush. My current one doesn't but I can still brush it off with a tiny little brush I have that came with something or other. I think it came w/my emjoi micro-pedi. 

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

I have a $15.00 Conair blow dryer from Walmart that I have had well over 20 years, still works great.

Also Kaydee50 said she had a Conair.

I also have a Conair. I am not sure how old it is. I have had it for many years. And it is still working just fine.

Honored Contributor

the revlon blow dry brush is really good