Esteemed Contributor

Re: My Beauty Salon opens 5/29/20 in IL

My Mom is in Joliet IL. 

Her hairdresser called her. The shop closed down, but a few of the women opened a new shop in a nearby strip mall.

She has an appointment in the middle of June.

Her hairdresser's Mom was in a nursing home and passed away from Covid19.

Valued Contributor

My mid March appt was canceled due to virus and then mandatory rules.  We are in WA-State, King Co and I really don't think we are EVER going to open for hair cuts, etc.  This is beyond ridicuous - if you can go out and legally protest, I should be able to go get my hair colored and cut on my one on one shop!  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My salon is in the northern burbs of Illinois.  I pushed my mid June appt to the end of June, just so they could get the procedures, etc. in place and get a rhythm going.  My hair cutter said they will be wearing masks, have a limited # of people in the shop and be cleaning and sterilizing constantly.  Hopefully that will be the case.  Fingers crossed.  I really need to get this head done.  I've been cutting it but can't really cut the length or the back.  It is what it is!!!!  

Honored Contributor

I just got an e-mail from mine, in NJ they can open on June 22.  What mine is doing is they are going to pick up where they left off in March and go from there.

Honored Contributor

Calls to clients started yesterday 6/1.  I did not receive a phone call yet so I hope today otherwise I will call them on Wed.  I need a haircut badly.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Contributor

We here in NJ got word that our salons will finally open on June 22nd.  3 weeks.  Add that to the last color/highlight appointment on February 2nd (March 22nd appt was cancelled obviously by the salon), well you get the picture and it ain't pretty!  I call myself a calico cat with all the colors in my hair!

Trusted Contributor

Here in Michigan, our governor refuses to open salons, despite owners attempts to give plans for customer safety. No idea when they will be open. My person is cutting hair out of her home. She has a deck amd is doing it out there. She only allows one customer at a time in the area (the next person has to wait in their car in the driveway). Masks are used. I have gray hair, so don't need color, but I believe all she is doing is cutting. More power to her.