Honored Contributor

My Beauty Salon opens 5/29/20 in IL

[ Edited ]

My salon is located in Naperville, IL.  I decided to call to see if anyone is answering the phone.  There was a voice mail that said they open 5/28 and that starting Monday (6/1) they will be calling and scheduling appts.  It seems to be a smart way to handle it because they have restrictions of 6 feet apart and limit of people in the salon.  Of course wearing masks is mandatory for stylists and guests.  The salon is a large space so that's a good thing.  I hope I do not have to wait too long for my cut.  I look a mess.  lol

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Re: My Beauty Salon opens 5/29/20 in IL

Please be careful. I just read about a Missouri stylist that was infected, infected a co worker and now 64 of their customers have to quarantine.

If the link gets deleted, just google missouri stylist covid

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-missouri-hairstylist-great-clips-coronavirus-202005...

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

My salon is located in Naperville, IL.  I decided to call to see if anyone is answering the phone.  There was a voice mail that said they open 5/28 and that starting Monday (6/1) they will be calling and scheduling appts.  It seems to be a smart way to handle it because they have restrictions of 6 feet apart and limit of people in the salon.  Of course wearing masks is mandatory for stylists and guests.  The salon is a large space so that's a good thing.  I hope I do not have to wait too long for my cut.  I look a mess.  lol

@Katcat1 

Probably only to you, liking the slightly tousled look I have been seeing on everyone.

Was slightly thrown this evening when seeing the CDC's model projection about 20k, more deaths by the end of June.  Watching Chgo news of the suburban shops getting ready to open on TV no one was wearing masks as they prepared to open. Saw a hysterical bit on Kimmel with Howie Mandle who is a germaphobe all his life and he said well come to my world.

Respected Contributor

I have haircut envy...it's going to be months before I can get one. Hope yours happens soon @Katcat1, Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Yea for you, @Katcat1 ! At least you got some news about the salon opening.

My beauty salon opened last night - in my own bathroom - and my hairdresser - me - did more than an okay job of trimming. Even though I have a request in at the real salon, I just couldn't wait any longer.

This is now the 2nd time I majorly trimmed my own hair.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1   DH goes in Naperville too. I'll have him call to see if he can get appt.  He stopped coloring his hair so 1st hair cut should be interesting.  

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  I am green with envy! I'm 3 months overdue for a haircut and can't wait until our salons can open. I've always worn my hair in a short pixie style and occasionally toyed with the idea of growing it out. We've been on vacation by the shore for the past 2 weeks, with rain and high humidity everyday. Hair that had nice body after washing looked like I stuck my finger in an electrical socket minutes after stepping out the door. I'll be camping out on my salon's front step when they open!

Honored Contributor

My salon opens on Monday, appointments only.  I have an appointment for a haircut on Tuesday morning.  YAY!  It's a small shop, so I feel fairly comfortable going.

Respected Contributor

Salons by me won't open for ages.  I feel fortunate I've always done my own color and learned to do my own cutting before this pandemic began. I've cut my partner's hair twice now and it came out so good, he said he may never go back to a salon!  I don't really want a job as a barber though lol.  It makes such a mess to cut hair at home.

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

Please be careful. I just read about a Missouri stylist that was infected, infected a co worker and now 64 of their customers have to quarantine.

If the link gets deleted, just google missouri stylist covid

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavirus/ct-nw-missouri-hairstylist-great-clips-coronavirus-202005...

@lianne, there are so many different versions of this story, who knows what to believe anymore.  I did just read that the first 42 tests have come back and they were all negative. 

I also read this location has shut down due to threats.