Honored Contributor

Re: My Avon Rep Charges 18% combined tax & shipping fee

she may be charged that extra as well, perhaps try calling the Avon 800 number and ask

I am sure that since I stopped selling there may be added costs that the rep has to absorb.

There is a very slim profit.

Why not order from her website if you want to still support her

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

glmama & jackthebear - I did order directly through the website once earlier this year. That experience is why I decided to find a local rep. Ordering from Avon website has a minimum $7.00 shipping charge. Even when are ordering 1 little bitty measly item. Otherwise it states the shipping fee is 12%, which is what made me question my rep's 14% fee. I thought it would be cheaper. Also, Avon used stupid "Smart Post" which took one month to reach me.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Valued Contributor

Ahhh, sweetie, that makes sense. I think I've only ordered, maybe, 3x in the past 2 years. So I'm not as aware of their shipping costs. I totally get it now. If one wants one or two things, and knows that they can get it from a rep, that makes sense. Right now on the Avon website there is Free Shipping at $35. Which is not what you want if you only need/want 1 item. However, as I was just explaining on another thread, I went to the Avon site just today to check out their new Gel polish and suddenly I have 10 items in my cart. {#emotions_dlg.scared} That's the kind of MU addict I am. It's kinda a lost cause. {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Trusted Contributor

glmama - I think the FREE shipping is a great deal when you can get it. Unfortunately it never applies to me here in Hawaii, with these big companies. Sometimes I luck out with small indy companies or eBay.

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~