Super Contributor

Multiple shipments for every order

[ Edited ]

I asked if my orders could be held and shipped together as one order and was  told No! By customer service? It is becoming very annoying to receive so many separate packages for one simple order.

if I order a top, pants and a scarf from the same designer at the same time chances are I was trying to build an outfit... I order these items together because I want to receive them together....receiving three different items in at three different times defeats the purpose of placing one order. It causes me to drive to my ups pick up 3 times.

last week I placed two orders with eight items and had to make six trips..to the ups store...and than qvc made a mistake and sent the wrong item plus two items did not fit.so after making seven trips to the ups store I had two more trips to the post office.....qvc you are going to loose my business. This is too much trouble to order two simple outfits..

I travel for work so always have my purchases shipped to the local ups facility...

Regular Contributor

Re: Multiple shipments for every order

They don't know that you are trying to build an outfit and likely don't have time to scrutinize every order to see if it's the same designer, etc.

Also, why not just wait until all of the packages are delivered to UPS before you go and pick them up so you don't have to make multiple trips? I would think that if you ordered everything on one order/same day that they would all be delivered within a day or 2 of each other.

I get items from different warehouses and sometimes the same brand comes from different warehouses.  I would think it would be nearly impossible for QVC to package everything together that was placed on the same order.

Respected Contributor

Seriously?  They can't read minds.  I've ordered multiple items from other places and most times I get them separately.

I think some people should hire professional shoppers.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Honored Contributor

QVC rarely ships the same brand together.  They aren't organized that way.  I would make arrangements with the store to pickup the packages on set days of the week.  

Respected Contributor

I've received multiple clothing items in 1 package from HSN.  I have absolutely no idea how or why they can do that & QVC can't.  Maybe it has something to do with how the orders go into their computer, e.g., by customer ID rather than by individual items??

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I hate multiple boxes for one order as well.  Nordstrom does that to excess, at least lately!  I received 9 boxes from one order.  I kid you not.  It included 3 pair of panties, which they shipped in  3 BOXES!! 2 of the panties were identical.  They all came from same address, but one item. .  My husband has a fit breaking down all the boxes!  What a huge expense, at free shipping!  A mascara was sent in a separate box from the lipstick.  Each was in a box large enough for a pair of shoes, no kidding.  The lipstick I could have thrown out.  The box was so big there were upteen papers wadded up in the box, one with the lipstick.  What a waste, it truely is.

I realize they may ship from different stores, hense the many boxes.  I think I liked it better when all products but shoes and beauty came from a central wherehouse!  The stuff was new too.  Now I get a 500 handbag thrown in a box with no original wrapping, stuffing or hardware protection.  One bag came scratched, and it was the last one.  They take it off the store shelf, and throw it into a box.

Esteemed Contributor

It would be nice if they come from the same warehouse to put in same box. I ordered tons of clothes from kohls in the spring. Almost everything came in the same bag. That included underwear, capris, teeshirts. Only one item came seperately as it was shipped from a different warehouse.
Respected Contributor

Since everything you ordered may come from different warehouses around the country, it makes no sense to send you everything in one box. Too bad QVC isn't like Amazon that mostly ships my items in one box. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think many people realize what a huge, complex operation QVC shipping is.  Maybe they should give tours of the warehouses rather than the more glamorous studio.  Actually, I think it would be very interesting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 that would be interesting to see how they warehouse inventory and to show the process. It may be they can't show any public as it could be dangerous/liability issue with being in a warehouse full of boxes as I am sure they have designated areas the staff pull boxes and insert the shipping label/receipts to the packages by hand.