Trusted Contributor

Hi, 

I'm trying various scents, so far only lavender.  I'm deciding would liquid or foaming cause dryness of hands?

scents to stay away from which may be drier?

I'm interested in Rosemary, does it smell like rosemary?

Suggestions on nice smelling scents- little description would help.

Thanks!

Cat Very HappyHeartCat Very Happy

FURBABIES ARE THE BREATH OF LIFE
Honored Contributor

Re: Mrs. Meyer's and skin

[ Edited ]

@skittles2 

Most hand washing cleansers that foam can be drying. They have sulfates added as a “suds” ingredient. I just keep a hand lotion next to the sink.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

We use the liquid soap, and have for at least 8 years.  I don't find them drying.  Never tried the foamers - that just doesn't appeal.

I find any of the scents to be like the name, and nice; DH hated rhubarb to the point he would not use it!

My faves are geranium, peppermint, Iowa pine, and citrus clove (the last three are seasonal), but I tend to like bright or deep scents because my nose isn't good.  I gave a neighbor Iowa pine and she raved about it.  Basil is nice.  Peony, cranberry - nice.  Like what I would imagine.

I've used rosemary, both the hand soap and laundry detergent.  I've liked it and I would say it's a good facsimile of the herb, but I confess I find the label to be a drab color so I usually choose others!

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

We use the liquid soap, and have for at least 8 years.  I don't find them drying.  Never tried the foamers - that just doesn't appeal.

I find any of the scents to be like the name, and nice; DH hated rhubarb to the point he would not use it!

My faves are geranium, peppermint, Iowa pine, and citrus clove (the last three are seasonal), but I tend to like bright or deep scents because my nose isn't good.  I gave a neighbor Iowa pine and she raved about it.  Basil is nice.  Peony, cranberry - nice.  Like what I would imagine.

I've used rosemary, both the hand soap and laundry detergent.  I've liked it and I would say it's a good facsimile of the herb, but I confess I find the label to be a drab color so I usually choose others!

@Sweetbay magnolia 

Thank you for the run down! I LOVE  cranberry anything, the rest sound promising too.

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus 

Thanks! I forgot about sulfates, I knew that as we used to use foaming in another brand.  I wonder if Mrs. Meyer's has hand lotion, bath and body products in case I find a scent I love.

Contributor

Mrs. Meyers has additives in it that are not good for our bodies- remember, whatever you put on your skin will be absorbed to a certain extent.  Check out goatmilkstuff.com- they have a variety of scents and you can buy liquid soap and a foaming dispenser.  Beekman has liquid hand soaps too but they are more expensive.  

Valued Contributor

I LOVE Mrs. Meyer's soaps. Yeah, the some of the scents didn't appeal to me. However, I'm obsessed with the MUM scent. It is heavenly. I also love the lemon verbena.

The Pumpkin spice was ok, a little too spicy for me. I didn't care for the Apple cider. Just not my type. I really like the acorn, as well. I think it smells like rootbeer. :-)

Grove.co has really good deals on Mrs. Meyers soap. That is uauslly where I get it.

They also have exclusive scents, like the pumpkin. 

You might want to check them out. 

I even use the dish soap to mop my kitchen floor. A little goes a long way so it lasts and smells soooo good. 

Honored Contributor

My local Meijer store sells all Mrs. Meyers products. I only buy them when they go on sale, which is probably twice a month. My favorite scent, hands down, is honeysuckle. I buy everything in honeysuckle. There are a few newer Fall scents that are rather nice also. I'm so glad I can buy these in person so I can smell them beforehand. 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Basil

Radish

I prefer basil and radish. 

Geranium is too much of a rose scent.  Can't recommend it.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~