Honored Contributor

Re: Mother Nature's latest trick!

This getting older is not for sissies, is it?! I have one brow hair, just  one,  that grows to the moon and back!!!! All of a sudden it is 1/2 long---I just trim it to match my other "normal" brow hairs. Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

any hair that cannot be dyed gets removed.....shaved, plucked, threaded, Naired...not kidding

@Mary Bailey  You may wish you hadn’t done that. It’s difficult enough to retain a thicker, youthful brow w/o pulling out the grey ones. 

@Shanus  I dye my brows every time that I do my roots.

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Mary Bailey wrote:

any hair that cannot be dyed gets removed.....shaved, plucked, threaded, Naired...not kidding

@Mary Bailey  You may wish you hadn’t done that. It’s difficult enough to retain a thicker, youthful brow w/o pulling out the grey ones. 

@Shanus  I dye my brows every time that I do my roots.

@Mary Bailey. I used to do that as well.

Respected Contributor

After years of plucking my brows to a very thin line, I grew them out some about a year ago. I'm fortunate at 63 that they DID grow back, but oh! the wirey hairs! Brown AND white! So far I can pluck the white ones, but I usually ending up trimming my brows about every two weeks just to keep them somewhat under control.

That stuff I've heard about keeping makeup and moisturizers away from the brows so they can grow sure isn't true for me!

Honored Contributor

@vermint wrote:

After years of plucking my brows to a very thin line, I grew them out some about a year ago. I'm fortunate at 63 that they DID grow back, but oh! the wirey hairs! Brown AND white! So far I can pluck the white ones, but I usually ending up trimming my brows about every two weeks just to keep them somewhat under control.

That stuff I've heard about keeping makeup and moisturizers away from the brows so they can grow sure isn't true for me!

@vermint  I never heard about keeping mu and moisturizers away from brows.

Frequent Contributor

Lucky you! I look like I’m 6months pregnant, without spanx. Smiley Sad So, not going out without it.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus It's something I've read a couple of times over the years...don't remember where or when. The claim was it clogged hair follicles. I just remember I thought it was kind of ridiculous--we use conditioner and other products on the hair on our heads, and that hair doesn't stop growing. I slather my legs in lotion every day, and still have to shave them every morning! So I sure didn't believe the claim about eyebrow hairs.