Honored Contributor

Re: Mother Nature's latest trick!

Same here.  I used to have great eyebrows.  They were nice and full. Good color, layed down well.  Not now!  Strange creatures!  They are very unruly and do just what they want. Not to mention they are mult-color.  White, gray, blond --- a mess.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ignore them, it's a fact of life.  Just another lesson to learn.  Consider that we have many lessons to learn and it's not so hard to take.

Are we Dorian Gray now?  ROFLOL

Honored Contributor

Sounds like you’re describing my cats!! Unruly, does their own thing, etc

Super Contributor

Add gravity to the list.  Everything that was once up, is now down.  The "girls" hang much lower than they ever did.  I stay optomistic by remembering that any day above ground is a good day. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

One more lousy trick Mother Nature plays on us when we reach a certain age!  What's up with the wirey, white antennae that are sprouting from my eyebrows?  They are nearly impossible to cover;  I've tried many eyebrow products and those darn white wires still show through!  I've even tried eyebrow tint and the solution clings to my remaining "normal" hairs, but not those antennae!  I can't tweeze them because I'd be browless! 

Help?!

@this is my nic  When I go for my 6 wk. haircuts, my stylist dyes my brows to cover the few greys sprouting up. The side plus is that the dye not only thickens the existing hairs, but somehow finds the little fine ones so I need less brow product.  

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

any hair that cannot be dyed gets removed.....shaved, plucked, threaded, Naired...not kidding

@Mary Bailey  You may wish you hadn’t done that. It’s difficult enough to retain a thicker, youthful brow w/o pulling out the grey ones. 

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

I've done that!  However, the white wires seem to be impervious to color!  I can't tweeze, wax, or thread them because I'd be browless! 

@this is my nic  Sometimes the color you use at home is not as strong as salon color. Extra strength peroxide helps to open the cuticle allowing the color to penetrate. There are brow bars opening here in many shopping centers. They shape as well as color the brow. Go one or two shades lighter to avoid the Sharpie look.

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 wrote:

Your post really made me smile!! Those blasted wiry things coming out of my eyebrows make me curse! Fortunately I don't have that many of them, so I either pluck them or my hair stylist "trims" my eyebrows so they're not so unruly. That's my biggest problem - they grow every direction they shouldn't! Mother Nature really should know better!

@jannabelle1  You can also use a spoolie or clean mascara wand to “train” them w/ gel or hairspray.

Honored Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@jannabelle1

Why didn't our mothers tell us about this?  One more insult added to the growing list!

Chin hair

Body skin that looks like a deflated balloon

Loss of once beautiful hair

A belly that won't go away, looks about 4 months pregnant

and now,

Eyebrow antennae! 

I am afraid of what comes next! 

@this is my nic  You forgot wrinkles, age spots, crows feet, bunions, callouses & corns, yellowed teeth, stretched out earlobes, hooded eyelids. OMG. I’ve depressed myself!!! 😩

Valued Contributor

@this is my nic wrote:

@jannabelle1

Why didn't our mothers tell us about this?  One more insult added to the growing list!

Chin hair

Body skin that looks like a deflated balloon

Loss of once beautiful hair

A belly that won't go away, looks about 4 months pregnant

and now,

Eyebrow antennae! 

I am afraid of what comes next! 

My mother died at 48 so didn't have these problems to share.

I have all of the problems you have described and it is frustrating but, I'm glad I'm still here.