Valued Contributor

Re: Most you’ve paid for parfum?

It was for my husband. It’s Aventus by Creed—over $300, but worth it.

Honored Contributor

@alicedee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

110.00 and it almost killed me, but I love Aerins Waterlily Sun, so I buy it myself for my birthday. I have wasted money on scent that I ended up not liking, but this one I use up.

If you love it and use it up....then it was a good purchase for you!  I’ve never smelled it, but the lovely name makes it SOUND beautiful!

@alicedee , It smells like spring !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Back when "Opium" was first released, fell in love with it.  Purchased the largest I could.  Was over $150 at Nordstrom.  Still love it.

I love Opium too. ❤️👍

Trusted Contributor

Guerlain "Shalimar".  $135.00.  I buy it twice a year - a ritual

for me.

Honored Contributor

$1000 but that was a few years back.

Most of the scents I love run between $250 and $400. *sigh*

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam  Wow! Didn’t know a fragrance could run $1K! 

Honored Contributor

I've never had to buy parfum .... I've always been "gifted."  

First from my parents when I was younger.  From boyfriends when I started dating.  

Before I retired - for some reason I don't understand - for years and years / no matter where I worked (in finance field) / clients always gave us perfume.  DH died years ago ... and a guy who I dated afterwards always gave me perfume.  

Most I ever buy is stuff from Avon and occasionally something from fragrancenet dot com.  I haven't bought anything from QVC for years and years.  I still have stuff in the closet.  I wear some fragrance every day - usually  Haiku from Avon!  

Esteemed Contributor

I think about $90 for a bottle of Tocca Stella eau de parfum. Sephora has been sneaking about increasing prices throughout the year though. 

Be sure to store your fragrances away from heat and light, especially in this hot weather. I have moved most of my fragrances to the basement for the summer.

Esteemed Contributor

I can't remember which perfume cost me the most. I know last year I bought a bottle of Coco Mademoiselle Intense directly from Chanel when it first came out. I believe it was $110 for a one ounce bottle. It smells heavenly but I'm not using it up as fast as I thought I would. Time to go give a shpritz!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

I love Jo Malone's Pomengranate Noir and the small size is $65.  I am loving Fresh fragrances which are Eau de Parfums and they are $50 or $90 and the travel size is $25.  I will probably continue with Fresh because the 4 I own are beautiful and there are about 6 or 7 more to choose from.

kindness is strength