Esteemed Contributor

Re: Most you’ve paid for parfum?

I know if I break down and buy a bottle of Jo Malone, even the smallest size will cost more than my Coco Mademoiselle. Jo Malone is so expensive and I know I would have bought a few bottles already if I knew exactly what they smelled like. I've smelled people wearing them occasionally and I'm nervy enough to ask what they're wearing, but I need to spray them on myself and see if I like them on me.

I need samples so I can make the big decision of which fragrance I want to buy. Any suggestions? Thanks!

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Respected Contributor

My most expensive Perfumes are Niche brands. I have gotten samples off of Lucky Scent. My husband has gifted me with them & one is over 400.00. I rotate my collection & wear a scent everyday. Won't be buying any for a long while. I stopped getting niche samples until I use up what I have....I also have designer & clean scents. Yup, I am on a no buy for a long time!

Trusted Contributor

I have never paid a lot for perfume but I did remember once a t.v. personality said he got into an elevator with a woman who was wearing Oscar de la renta perfume and it was the most captivating scent he ever experienced.  I thought about buying Oscar's but thought it was very pricey.  Now I see it is most reasonable in price.

Oscar.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Though no longer made and, yes, I know a few are available on eBay, but I'd love Anne Klein II to be made available in stores again.

That scent was a departure for me, but I absolutely loved it, as it was by about a dozen other mothers at my daughter's school.  We'd walk by eachother, notice the scent and smile.  You couldn't miss it.

Valued Contributor

@Tricolor wrote:

@Jayhawk Girl wrote:

DH buys me a bottle of Chanel No. 5 every year for Christmas.  I think it’s around $115.  Way too much money but it smells so good!!

Love your profile picture! Our school mascot in my school district is a Jayhawk. Very loyal Jayhawk sports fans too. 

@Tricolor Yay! I love my Jayhawks!!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

I wondered if anyone was going to mention a Tom Ford perfume.  Tom Ford's Oud Wood been my most expensive purchase.  $145/1 oz (before tax) purchased in Las Vegas recently.  LOVE IT!!!!!!  But, it doesn't have the lasting power I think a fragrance of this stature/price should have.  And it sits fairly close to the body so unless I use a ton of it (which I won't because of the price) it's hard for others to enjoy.  Another scent that is very close to Oud Wood is Commodity's Velvet.  You can find it on ebay for $100/3oz.  It's Oud Wood with some smokiness.  I wear perfume to bed every night.  Usually perfumed body lotion as well.  Since I love it so much and no one else can really smell it, I wear my Tom Ford fragrance to bed Smiley Happy  Another spendy one is Miss Dior (Bouquet).  Hubby's favorite.  Can't wear it to bed tho, it's not conducive for sleep.