Trusted Contributor

Re: Most moisturizing body cream you’ve ever used

Another vote for the Gold Bond Radiance moisturizing products, they're terrific. Another great help for my dry skin is mixing Neutrogena's Sesame Oil with my liquid shower cleanser, it makes a light foamy wash that cleanses and moisturizes.  Exfoliation is also key to keeping itchiness and flakiness in check but use your exfoliating cloth or product gently, scrubbing will make a bad situation worse.  One last recommendation from my dermatologist concerns water temperature, duration and frequency of showering.  She said showering in hot, hot water completely removes our skin's natural moisture and also said to limit my showers to 5 minutes maximum!  (you know how our fingertips "prune" when soaking in the tub for a long time?)  My dry skin is chronic, 365 days a year.  She also suggested I limit showering to every other day when my furnace is running.  That was a difficult one, but I have found that doing a quick washcloth bath only an inch or two of water makes a  huge difference in the condition of my skin.

Respected Contributor

Drs orders from Mayo clinic...NO HOT WATER, GENTLE SKIN CARE, SUGGEST ONLY VANICREAM PRODUCTS. So, I use only Vanicream bar soap...really leaves my skin very silky, and clean. I also use the Vanicream body cream in the large tub with pump. It's super moisturizing, unscented. I admit, I miss the scented products, so recently purchased Josie Maran body butter in vanilla (barely detect any scent) and i have a jar of Beekmans ylang body cream, love the fragrance. I use occasionally and only on my arms or chest. I suffer from a blistering skin rash that flares up from time to time, sometimes widespread, or just spotty. So I'm closely monitored and often biopsied...i would value Mayo Clinics suggestions on the Vanicream products. I'm doing well with them as far as moisturizing and thorough gentle care. They are not a cure for skin diseases.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

2 recommendations:

Aveeno Moisture Cream Repair

Aveeno Skin Relief Intense Moisture Repair Cream with Triple Oat Complex, Ceramide & Rich Emollients, Steroid- & Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Body Cream for Extra-Dry Skin, 11 oz

Wen's Nourishing Body Treatment - Comes in different scents.  Very moisturizing and luxurious.  Sold here at the Q.

Honored Contributor

I've been diagnosed with scleroderma. That has made my skin extremely dry. This disease has caused the oil and sweat glands in my skin to shrink and go away, leaving my skin very dry and hard. The sweat glands disappearing is dangerous, my doc says, because those things do more than just put out water. They help regulate electrolytes and that can be a problem with me. I have to choose my moisturizers wisely so I don't dry up and flake away. I use Alpha Skin Care.

Valued Contributor

I've used several that worked very well for me. My favorite is the First Aid Beauty. I use the unscented option and it works wonders on my dry itchy skin in the winter. I like it because it doesn't feel greasy. 

I also like the L'Occitane ultra rich body cream. It contains shea butter. As much as I liked it, i thought it was a bit pricy so I only purchase when I can find a good deal. 

I also like the Kiehl's creme de Corps. I think this works best for my skin, but it's a bit too pricy for me. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

The very best I've ever found!

This is what I am currently using.  It may be a little heavy for summer use, but right now I use it or layer an oil underneathi it while my skin is still damp from the shower.  I like it a lot better for winter than Josie's body butter which I really don't consider a butter at all and is more a light weight summer blend.  I have no problem with absorption and the only exfoliating I do would be a quick pass with the body puff with soap.  I don't have flaky dry skin though.

Actually, one of the things recommended for dry skin is to bathe less and to not use hot water.  Not happening here, but throwing it out there.   

Been wanting to try this one, @Icegoddess.  I've heard a lot of good things about the Radiance Renewal from Gold Bond.

Respected Contributor

@Dazlin wrote:
Drs orders from Mayo clinic...NO HOT WATER, GENTLE SKIN CARE, SUGGEST ONLY VANICREAM PRODUCTS. So, I use only Vanicream bar soap...really leaves my skin very silky, and clean. I also use the Vanicream body cream in the large tub with pump. It's super moisturizing, unscented. I admit, I miss the scented products, so recently purchased Josie Maran body butter in vanilla (barely detect any scent) and i have a jar of Beekmans ylang body cream, love the fragrance. I use occasionally and only on my arms or chest. I suffer from a blistering skin rash that flares up from time to time, sometimes widespread, or just spotty. So I'm closely monitored and often biopsied...i would value Mayo Clinics suggestions on the Vanicream products. I'm doing well with them as far as moisturizing and thorough gentle care. They are not a cure for skin diseases.

@Dazlin  I'm sorry you are suffering w/body skin problems; I have hives (uticaria), esp. on my back and bad during winter.

The only soap that doesnt make me drier is Shea Terra Nilotik soap-very mild. I have to use Chlobetasol when flared and will be on antihistamines for a long time.

Honored Contributor

Another Gold Bond fan here. Also like Cerave cream. Any lotion with Shea butter helps me. I use pure aloe Vera gel mixed with my body lotions after shaving. I use Aquafor or Vaseline alone and mixed with lotions when really dry. 

Frequent Contributor

I have dry skin, Rosacea, & eczema. I have success with:
* wen UNIBT (body treatment but can be used on face, too.) I prefer 319 UNIBT on my face, since it's fragrance-free.
* First Aid Beauty Ulra Repair Cream. Sometimes I add wen Treatment Oil to it.
* gold bond (as previously suggested here) but not as helpful to me as wen & FAB.