Honored Contributor

Re: Most Expensive Makeup/Skincare Brands You Would Like to Try

@Lucky Charm 

This was just for fun.

Honored Contributor

@On It 

Hummm, I'll have look at it.   I'm 99% sure it won't be in my tax bracket but can't hurt to look.  I first heard of Chantecaille from Michele Wang.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@On It 

$80 for 1oz of foundation is too close to possibly being doable.  They  have a light-medium with balanced undertones.   Please tell me what you like so much about it.  Are you dry/oily/normal?  What makes it worth $80?   

I'm going to put this on my calender to look at next year.  I'm intrigued but have bought too much makeup and skincare already plus have the holidays coming up.  

Honored Contributor

La Mer---intrigues me----but not enough to pay the prices----

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

@monicakm i have used Chantecaille for a very long time. The main thing is to buy it in a store. Do not attempt to match on a store website. Chantecaille has their own website if you want to explore there. I used to get mine at Neiman's (not sure they still have it) but lately I have ordered it since I know my color. I am not certain but I believe it is on display with testers in Nordstrom. I moved away from access to both stores so I not been in either in a while.

Good luck if you decide to try. By the way, they once did promotional events about this time of year by bringing in a national makeup artist. Maybe they still do.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@On It 

$80 for 1oz of foundation is too close to possibly being doable.  They  have a light-medium with balanced undertones.   Please tell me what you like so much about it.  Are you dry/oily/normal?  What makes it worth $80?   

I'm going to put this on my calender to look at next year.  I'm intrigued but have bought too much makeup and skincare already plus have the holidays coming up.  

The finished look is perfection. It makes your skin glow without all that shiny stuff a lot are using now. Ironically, my skin is dry sensitive, but I use Future Skin which works well on oiler skin types. Many foundations regardless of price point have caused me to have breakouts. I hope you can go into a store to try it in person and see it on your skin before purchasing.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  You can purchase Chantecaille for 25% off (maybe 30%) on Cyber Monday. Also, during the summer, for Sylvie's birthday, there is a 30% off sale (June or July); that's when I stock up on my items. 

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

@sarahpanda 

Are you serious? Walmart? I use to have to purchase Erno Laszlo at Saks. I have not seen it at our Walmart. That just blows my mind. lol

@sarahpanda wrote:

@mare54   I've never heard of Erno Laszlo so I ''googled'' it and found you can buy some of their products at Walmart for under $30 ...with great reviews too !

Valued Contributor

I like the philosophy behind the chantecaille line and the beautiful colors/packaging. I recently bought blush from the line because the store was out of Nars orgasm. I plan to buy lipstick next. My Bobbi Browns have felt so dry lately.