Trusted Contributor

Re: Morphe Eyeshadow Palette

@Bella Carro ok you cracked me up twice LOL and no I am not that brave nor have the energy for the lectures .  Pretty funny though.

Honored Contributor

@Bella Carro wrote:

Well that was kinda fun. I read about this brand but never really looked into it so took some time to check it out.  Lots of mixed reviews.  Some love the brushes and some not so much.  I'd say the majority find them worth giving a go since they are very inexpensive.  

Three items of note that I learned while looking into Morphe:

1.  That lone green shadow is meant to be used as an inner corner highlighter

2.  The brand is pronounced mor fee

3.  Good grief!  A lot of those beauty bloggers really should do something about their nail polish before shooting and posting pics. I mean they're beauty bloggers for crying out loud!

what??? A green eyeshadow  as an inner corner highlighter??? ummmm no I don't think so! yikes.

Honored Contributor

Thanks everyone for your input! I know she didn't pay that much for it. She and some of her friends got it a while back. My birthday's not until December, but after I asked her what she thought of some of the palettes I was thinking about, she gave it to me! I'll let you know what I think. I'm having trouble resisting another palette right now, but I guess you can have more than one, right? LOL! Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom, IMO, I might wait and play  with them a day or so before adding another palette.  That's a lot of e/s!  Of course, I have no room to talk as e/s is a serious weakness.  But, there were some comments about the palette being a bit powdery and difficult to blend.  I think some of these bloggers get hyper critical, though. It couldn't hurt (too much) to wait, right?  Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I don't really know anything about the company or their products other than a brush purchase I made from Hautelook a few months ago.  They had a brush which was a pretty close dupe for the Skinn Plasma Fusion Brush that was about $9.00 (the Skinn brush runs around 3x that, or so).  I ended up buying a few of them because the price was so good.  It's actually a little thicker and slightly larger than the Skinn brush, but it's quite nice and I'm please with it.

Respected Contributor

I've purchased a few of their brushes, but do not prefer them to Sedona Lace, BB, IT and other brands I have. They weren't as soft and seemed less expensive feeling, to me. Also, it took a long time to get my order. I was actually geting a little concerned that I wasn't going to get it. As for the YT stuff, I've found that so many of them are sponsored, paid, or in collab with many of these smaller brands, and so I tend to really do research before buying something a YT'er goes on and on....and on about. Just a heads up. That palette does look gorgeous, though!! The palette on ebay for $80 was actually back in stock the other day on the Morphe site, but I'm sure it sold out very quickly. I am not interested in that one simply because it is VERY warm, and I can't pull off a lot of the shades, so it isn't really a good value. As for the green shadow for an inner highlight? That is strange. I'm not saying I don't believe you @Bella Carro, I just can't imagine someone doing that, and then it being a "thing." LOL!! 

Honored Contributor

I have the PLUM pallet which was given to me by my goddaughter.

Just checked on lone at morphe(dot)com.  Most of the palettes are on sale for $22.00.  

The pigment density is pretty good, and it stays on longer than some.  I stick mostly with greens and khaki which are so hard to find.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

I've purchased a few of their brushes, but do not prefer them to Sedona Lace, BB, IT and other brands I have. They weren't as soft and seemed less expensive feeling, to me.  I've found that so many of them are sponsored, paid, or in collab with many of these smaller brands, and so I tend to really do research before buying something a YT'er goes on and on....and on about. Just a heads up. Also, it took a long time to get my order. I was actually geting a little concerned that I wasn't going to get it. As for the YT stuff,That palette does look gorgeous, though!! The palette on ebay for $80 was actually back in stock the other day on the Morphe site, but I'm sure it sold out very quickly. I am not interested in that one simply because it is VERY warm, and I can't pull off a lot of the shades, so it isn't really a good value. As for the green shadow for an inner highlight? That is strange. I'm not saying I don't believe you @Bella Carro, I just can't imagine someone doing that, and then it being a "thing." LOL!! 

Very, very true.

Trusted Contributor

FYI Morphe is on Hautelook on Monday

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@FUTURE wrote:

I've purchased a few of their brushes, but do not prefer them to Sedona Lace, BB, IT and other brands I have. They weren't as soft and seemed less expensive feeling, to me.  I've found that so many of them are sponsored, paid, or in collab with many of these smaller brands, and so I tend to really do research before buying something a YT'er goes on and on....and on about. Just a heads up. Also, it took a long time to get my order. I was actually geting a little concerned that I wasn't going to get it. As for the YT stuff,That palette does look gorgeous, though!! The palette on ebay for $80 was actually back in stock the other day on the Morphe site, but I'm sure it sold out very quickly. I am not interested in that one simply because it is VERY warm, and I can't pull off a lot of the shades, so it isn't really a good value. As for the green shadow for an inner highlight? That is strange. I'm not saying I don't believe you @Bella Carro, I just can't imagine someone doing that, and then it being a "thing." LOL!! 

Very, very true.

Oh, ITA.  Just what I read on some of the blogs.  Guess it's an artsy flash for the young hipster set.  Then again, I never thought I'd try and once in awhile use a tad bit of orange to pop green eyes.  okay, not in the inner corner, though.  Hey, I'm tryin' here! Woman Wink