Honored Contributor

I have a few of this brand's products and enjoy all of them.  I  have never used their "treatment".  It's good for shine, softness, and hydration.  I could use all those things.  If you've used this, does it tend to weigh down your hair at all?  My hair is short but long enough to move.  The style is one that couldn't handle being weighed down.  

Speaking of soft, I washed my hair the other day and since I was leaving for a haircut appt I didn't apply any products.  Wow, I wish I didn't need a root pump and a grippy texture product (BSH Powder Play) because I couldn't get over how soft and silky it was without those products.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, my experience is that it's heavy with silicones (to make your hair soft). It did weigh my hair down, even thought I used a very small amount. 

Honored Contributor

@KarenaJeannette 

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

@monicakm wrote:

I have a few of this brand's products and enjoy all of them.  I  have never used their "treatment".  It's good for shine, softness, and hydration.  I could use all those things.  If you've used this, does it tend to weigh down your hair at all?  My hair is short but long enough to move.  The style is one that couldn't handle being weighed down.  

Speaking of soft, I washed my hair the other day and since I was leaving for a haircut appt I didn't apply any products.  Wow, I wish I didn't need a root pump and a grippy texture product (BSH Powder Play) because I couldn't get over how soft and silky it was without those products.

I was using the above because it was cheaper than Nick Chavez Velvet Mesquite Serum, it went way up in price. I had to bite the bullet and get Nick's. I does not weigh the hair down and mine is short.  It gives it volume.  If I use during the day, i put a very small amount in palm of hand and apply. If I use at night, I really put more on and by morning my hair is not greasy, but shiney.  I have tried many brands and they weight down short hair, but not Nick's.  In fact, I use many of his products.  Too bad they went up in price, but buying the other stuff that doesn't work, I don't use and waste money.

His serum is great.  Last time, I got on Amazon and cheaper than QVC. You can also try his site.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Moroccanoil "Treatment"

[ Edited ]

HI @monicakm  If I remember correctly, you said you have thick coarse hair. Moroccanoil hair products are great for that hair type. I can't use it because I have a fine med. hair type. Olaplex works well for me but I don't fall for the whole product line. Have you ever watched the the " Blowout Professor " on youtube? As far as hair types, he is quite informative on products.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

I wouldn't really call it coarse.  It's def not fine and would lean more towards coarse.  Def thick but cut in layers.  I have not seen the Blowout Professor but will look him up on YT later today.  Thank you!