Super Contributor

I really don't like to spend a lot of time on my hair, but I think I'd like to try some curlers. Is there one you recommend? Something quick to put in, get ready in the morning, and then take out. Ideas?

Super Contributor

I sometimes use a Large sized Hot Rollers in the morning after shampooing and drying with a hairdryer, I put them in, have coffee, put on makeup, get dressed, and then just take them out right before I leave. I have medium, to long hair, beyond shoulder length and it's fine but naturally wavy.

I don't use regular rollers because I don't have the patience for them to dry.

I do this maybe 2x per week. The rest of the time I shampoo and just air dry my hair.

Super Contributor
I use a curling iron....hold it on about an 1"" stand of hair for a few seconds then roll that strand with a pink sponge roller to hold the curl. I do this all over then put on my makeup. Take the sponge rollers out....run my fingers thru my hair....a light spray of Nick Chavez hairspray and I'm done.
Honored Contributor

Long or short hair?

Super Contributor
The only thing that is quick, are hot rollers. They come in different sizes. The Q has them, and check HSN.
Honored Contributor

I have 3 sets of hot rollers:

Calista, T3 and Conair

I agree with the others that hot rollers are the fast and easy way to curl your hair.

I really like the T3 but can't find it here on the Q just the rollers.

Respected Contributor

Calista Tools. I use the long ones for my short hair due to the thickness, otherwise I would not have enough rollers to do the job.

Honored Contributor

I was thinking of getting a set of calista hot rollers for a change but they do not have good reviews, so I changed my mind. Right now I have a conair dryer with round brush on it and that is how I dry and shape my hair - but occasionally curls would be nice.

Honored Contributor

I love hot rollers. I don't have the patience for a curling iron.

I have the Calista set, and I think they're great.

Respected Contributor
On 5/12/2014 happy housewife said:

I was thinking of getting a set of calista hot rollers for a change but they do not have good reviews, so I changed my mind. Right now I have a conair dryer with round brush on it and that is how I dry and shape my hair - but occasionally curls would be nice.

I have curl resistant, fine hair, so the Calista rollers are perfect because they continue to heat versus the Conair Xtreme heat jumbo and extra jumbo rollers that just don't get hot enough for my hair. The Calista rollers do get hot, but I have spent far too much time in the kitchen, so my fingers are not sensitive to their heat. They do work well. I use the long ones for maximum hair hold due to the thickness of my hair. If I want less tight of a curl, I use more hair and less hair for a tighter curl.