Honored Contributor

Cwap! The shades came out much darker in the photo. So much for bathroom lighting, a cell phone or a white arm instead of a real lip. Sorry.

Honored Contributor

I am 59 years old and a lipstick fanatic, and I still like my Mauve's, but now more of a muted Mauve. I guess I am gravitating to more subdued colors, I still need color, but not so bold and bright anymore....

Honored Contributor

I always remember Victoria Principal saying "your lips shouldn't enter the room before you do"

I used her products back in the day, I thought they were good quality and the price was right.

I can't do anything coral or orange-y.    I stick with a muted  pink or berry.

I've had good luck with Maybelline.   

When I was working, I loved the Chanel  moisturizing Glossimer.    It's pricey but lasts a long time, so choose your color carefully, you will be wearing it a long time!

Honored Contributor

@Shanus 

You make me smile! Thanks. 

Matter of preference...

Think by our ages we should have a good idea not only cosmetics but clothing. 

Do and use whatever makes you feel your best. Be Happy! 🤗

Honored Contributor

Re: More subdued lip colors

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

I am 59 years old and a lipstick fanatic, and I still like my Mauve's, but now more of a muted Mauve. I guess I am gravitating to more subdued colors, I still need color, but not so bold and bright anymore....

@CANDLEQUEEN. You definitely can’t tell from the swatches on my arm (🤔), but my shades went from mauves to rose shades. I needed a bit brighter, not darker. The mauve shades I had looked dull when my hair color changed. Everyone is so different. My pro lip palette (an empty metal watercolor palette w/ many “wells”) has 50 colors to mix and match.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Some of my current lip choices (on a very fair arm 🤭).

7A5225D4-BB32-4693-BD7D-8DC4C776B656.jpeg

I love the 2nd one from the top! That is the color I wear most often! Very pretty! The 2nd one from the bottom is pretty too. all of them are pretty!@Shanus

Honored Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

Some of my current lip choices (on a very fair arm 🤭).

7A5225D4-BB32-4693-BD7D-8DC4C776B656.jpeg

I love the 2nd one from the top! That is the color I wear most often! Very pretty! The 2nd one from the bottom is pretty too. all of them are pretty!@Shanus

@CANDLEQUEEN   Ahhhhh! Surprise! That’s more how they look in real life. I guess I have to learn to mute my arm. Lol. Let me know if you want names of lip colors....always too organized, they’re lined up in order on my vanity...just in case. 🧐

Honored Contributor

I have always worn more subdued colors on my lips, I just don't like bold colors on me ( I hate some of the blues and teals I have seen). I also don't like too light colors, they can make you look like death warmed over! I am very picky about my lip products.

Respected Contributor

Re: More subdued lip colors

[ Edited ]

I do like brighter colors but I don't do  dark ones anymore. They look too harsh. I don't like nude shades on me. I can't do dark berry shades anymore but I still like red and pink. Will be 69 in November. Sometimes I like to smudge my brighter shades so that I still have the color but not so pronounced.

Esteemed Contributor

I lke the same color palette as you mentioned and am in the 50++ age range. Once I discovered Doll 10 nude collections Iwas hooked. I love that no matter which tube I pick it looks like the correct shade for me. I have very fair skin so lipstick shades seem to magnify if they are a bit too bold or bright. Now, I don't use any other brand.