Honored Contributor

Re: More beauty lines-every celeb is trying.

@Shanus wrote:

@jobiz wrote:
Also has lavender which is not good to put on your skin!

@jobiz   Lavender can be an anti inflammatory (acne), help moisturize, etc. 

@Shanusit is also an irritant for many people.  I am one of those people.  I have to stay away from that in my skincare.

Honored Contributor

Everyone should use what they are comfortable using.  If that is drugstore, use it.  If someone wants to spend hundreds of dollars on a cream, so be it.  It's their money.

I have tricky skin.  It is very dry on my chin area but I will still breakout from certain products and ingrediants.  Despite the fact that I know this about my skin, I still like to try new products.  Generally I end up back to my normal routine which does consist of many drugstore products.

I have long thought that some people are damaging their skin by using way too many products.  They are using multiple chemical exfoliants everyday plus scrubs and peels and masks, etc.  All that cannot possibly be good for the skin.  But, it's not my skin.  For me, simple is better.

Honored Contributor

Regarding celebs and cosmetics:

The moment I see any celebrity selling cosmetics, I wonder how much they're being paid.They're certainly NOT doing it for free. 

Cameron sells Starkiss Tuna. She sells some kind of home stuff (carpet?). Now she's selling this. Please. She needs the money and no one is hiring her as an actress anymore. Let's not discuss the fact that she went public and stated she felt that her old buddy and costar Lori Loughlin did NOTHING wrong and she was only being persecuted because she was a famous actress. On, please....

For THAT reason alone I wouldn't buy ANYTHING this chick shills.

Honored Contributor

It's just so condescending. "Look! Here's a celebrity holding our product! We're paying her! She doesn't even use it! Buy now!"

How stupid do they think I am? No, wait.; don't answer that.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@keithsmom65  My mom used Ponds cold cream that could be purchased anywhere.  When she passed away at 84 yrs old in the hospital, numerous nurses commented on her lovely complexion and could not believe her age.  I too use this product, cover girl mascara and burts bees lip crayon is my routine.

Trusted Contributor

I bought the Lancer Method awhile back fully intending to send it back. The first time I used it I loved it. I ordered another Lancer set and the Nourish last night. I will never have beautiful skin. I am 62 with a lot of sun damage. It makes my skin feel amazing. I have tried almost everything on QVC and others. Elemis, Dr P, Dr D, Tatcha, Tula, etc. I would never spend this much money if I didn’t love it. Everybody has a line of skincare or makeup they love. This is mine.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Regarding celebs and cosmetics:

The moment I see any celebrity selling cosmetics, I wonder how much they're being paid.They're certainly NOT doing it for free. 

Cameron sells Starkiss Tuna. She sells some kind of home stuff (carpet?). Now she's selling this. Please. She needs the money and no one is hiring her as an actress anymore. Let's not discuss the fact that she went public and stated she felt that her old buddy and costar Lori Loughlin did NOTHING wrong and she was only being persecuted because she was a famous actress. On, please....

For THAT reason alone I wouldn't buy ANYTHING this chick shills.

@SahmIamCandace is in a ton of Hallmark movies/series.  New ones are coming out in September and another new Hallmark Christmas movie.  She is considered the Queen of Hallmark.

I never buy products just because a celebrity endorses them but I don't avoid products a celebrity endorses either.  The celebrity would have to be pretty bad for me to avoid it.  If I want to try something, I try it.    

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I guess parking oneself at the Hallmark Channel is considered a great thing especially if there isn't anyone else who wants you.

I don't care WHO is the face of something; that wasn't my point. There are those who believe, sadly, that the talking mouth of a product is telling the truth ALL the time- who knows. But the fact that she supports Lori Loughlin and her husband and states that they did NOTHING wrong regarding paying off the college for their kids to go to? Pretty scummy and yeah, I WON'T support the product someone with THAT mindset touts. JMHO.

Respected Contributor

My skin routine is quite easy. I use Dr. Gross, Purity to cleanse, and Air Spun Cody. I use CodyAir Spun because it is what my Mother uses all her life. The fragrance reminds me of her. She passed at 99 years old and everyone remarked about her skin. Mine isn’t as good as hers was. 

Contributor

I know who she is although I never watched Full House.  She was on The View for awhile and the last time I saw her she was pushing a boycott against Target because Target felt any customer shopping in Target could use any restroom they wanted to use.  Her and her wacko brother are way too churchy for me.  And, isn't one of the people in that picture a mother who paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to get her "influencer" daughter into college?