Honored Contributor

Re: More beauty lines-every celeb is trying.

@lmt wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@lmt wrote:

I tuned in during the tail end of the Lancer skin care segment. I was thinking that the one woman looked a lot like Candace Cameron Bure. When she started speaking I then realized it was her. I was shocked by how bad her skin looked.

My mother had the most beautiful skin. All she ever used was Ivory soap, she never used any other products on her face, not even a moisturizer. 

@lmt   My Mother used Oil of Olay face cream. I remember the smell and love it! She had lovely skin. No peptides...serums or fancy things.

@SeaMaiden  I used the original Oil of Olay Beauty Fluid (pink lotion) back in high school. I think it was in a glass bottle back then, I could be wrong about that ..... it was a looong time ago, LOL!

The smell was heavenly!!

Oil of Olay stopped being referred to as "oil" in 2000.

@@lmt   That is it!

Trusted Contributor

Just to be clear I would never order a product based on who is selling it. I could not care less about CCB or what she uses. I am not influenced by before and after pictures and reviews play only a small role. I also don't care how rich or poor the person is or how beautiful they are. Everyone's skin is different. The cost of the item doesn't mean it's better either. I keep my expectations in check and well. None of these products are going to give the results of a medical procedure.
Honored Contributor

I think much can be said for the old adage “less is more”. Most of the claims are just a way to get money out of your pocket. 

Honored Contributor

Clinicals mean nothing, too. 75% of women saw firmer skin. Well, I would rather know about the other 25%...irritated skin, no changes, didn’t like product at all, etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

You can still buy the original Oil of Olay (one of my friends calls it "Oil of Old Lady") in the pink version and a white version in drugstores and supermarkets everywhere.  Plastic bottles.  I've bought it in the last couple years.  Even tho, it's probably not the original formula - formulas get changed on a regular basis.  But it's still a good basic moisturizer without all the frills. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt