Trusted Contributor

More beauty lines-every celeb is trying.

[ Edited ]

I'm exhausted with all of the variety of beauty lines. I give up! What's wrong with a little Dove or Ivory and a good moisturizer?  Didn't the big stars of days gone by have gorgeous skin?

I worked for two very prominent dermatologists in my state for many, many years. I believe we harm our skin more with all of these scrubs, exfoliators, serums, and layers and layers of products, plus all of these scrubbing "devices".

I believe in good cleaning and a  proper moisturizer for your skin type. Then, let your skin relax and breathe! If skin can't breathe, it won't be healthy.

Contributor

Re: More beauty lines-every celeb is trying.

I agree!  And Cameron Bure from Full House?  What's full house?  75.00 for an illuminator?  

Honored Contributor

@keithsmom65 

There are so many choices out there for skin care & beauty! So many women looking for the next best anti- aging product or the perfect lipstick, etc. I guess that just proves how much money is in the beauty business.

I admit I have fallen for the hype from time to time, but I usually stick with drugstore brands which work fine for me. I rely on ingredient lists & my own skin’s response to choose my products. Everybody’s skin is different so not everyone is going to have the same results with the same product. 

Honored Contributor

Until people stop looking for the next best thing, there will always be new.  I do less is more and think consistency is key.  Have a routine and do it consistently.

Full House was a successful sitcom.

Honored Contributor

Drug store brands do not work for me, but I'm older and need a boost.LOL I was surprised CCB selling Lancer was only 43, I guess when you have sun damage you have it for life.

Honored Contributor

My Slovak grandmother lived to her early nineties.  I remember asking her about her skin which hardly had a wrinkle and was smooth.  She said she used Ivory Soap, she never could have afforded all the cosmetics offered on the Q. 

My Sicilian grandmother also had beautiful skin and I know she didn't use cosmetics at all. Both women had difficult lives coming here from their respective countries but their hardships didn't show in their faces.

Respected Contributor

I tuned in during the tail end of the Lancer skin care segment. I was thinking that the one woman looked a lot like Candace Cameron Bure. When she started speaking I then realized it was her. I was shocked by how bad her skin looked.

My mother had the most beautiful skin. All she ever used was Ivory soap, she never used any other products on her face, not even a moisturizer. 

Trusted Contributor

Cameron is very pretty, but I wouldn't look to her for a source of prime beauty products. I think too many celebs try to cash in on something they found, and promote it. It just gets to be too much confusion for me after a while. I do like some light products, but mine are made by doctors who are also a scientist and have studied skin for a long time. I only buy what is best for a moisturizer that can aid signs of aging.

The cleanser Candace was promoting was so big, it would take me three years to use it up. Too large. A little goes a long way.

Trusted Contributor

Arkysteelerfan,

Full ouse was a family TV show than ran from 1987 to the mid-'90's.

Image result for full house tv show

Candace is in all black on the right.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree totally with @wilma@keithsmom65 , and @GCR18.   I used to buy into the latest and most hyped products out there, but I got over it.  The older I get, the less complicated (and less expensive!) my skin care is -- and my skin looks and feels better for it.   There will always be new brands that make fantastic promises coming out.   And there will always be customers who buy them.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt