Contributor

Ok this is just a random question.  Does anyone remember the lipsticks that use to be presented a looonnng time ago that changed with the chemistry of your skin and who presented those lipsticks?

Honored Contributor

Re: Mood Lipsticks of the past

Doris Dalton started her career at QVC by selling Mood Matcher lipsticks.  You can still get them at Amazon and occasionally I see them at Walgreen's. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Frequent Contributor

They are called Fran Wilson Mood Matchers. I still have some. They may be available on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

That's exactly what that lipstick that QVC sells.  I have bought it maybe 3 times.  I've given 2 tubes to my granddaughters.  

Here it is:  I keep one tube for me.  I seldom use it because at my age I like bright (but not pink) lipstick

A273732
Givenchy Rouge Interdit Temptation Black Magic Lipstick
Honored Contributor

The lipstick I posted looks black but when you put it on, the color is drawn out by the color of your lips.

I must not have much color to my lips because when I use it they become a pinkish (maybe natural) color.

When my granddaughters use it, it actually looks pretty on them.

I think of it more as a gimmick than anything.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of companies make them now. I like Winky Lux. They're here in the city. 

BTW, it's moisture on your skin that makes the change in color, not anything else. And it's the amount of blue and yellow (more blue/cooler; more yellow/warmer) and your own lip color that shows through mixed with the Red 27 that determine the final color on your lips. 

All the stuff the companies claim about what causes the change is PR and BS. Sales tactics. 

Honored Contributor

I like it because the color lasts a long time.  If I apply it in the morning, I can still see color at night.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lipstick Queen has a few too, get them on ebay or amazon.I have Sailor which is a deep navy in the tube and goes on like a very pretty mauve berry. 

Esteemed Contributor

Still at the Vermont Country Store.  Tangee?

Respected Contributor

I remember when they used to be on QVC quite a bit years ago.

They were made by Fran Wilson and Doris Dalton presented them. This was long before she started her Doll Beauty line.

I remember I bought a set that was COFFEE flavored. OMG, did they ever smell good and the colors were all neutral pinkish-brown.