Respected Contributor

Monoi Ora Special

[ Edited ]

Was hoping to see some discussion of this and curious to hear from those that have used the Carol's Daughter Monoi Ora line. 

I've used WEN for years but my hair is now thinner and looking more flat (especially in the crown) so I've thought about using something for volumizing.  Tried Skinn's Scalp Revitalizer but don't think that has done much.  Was considering the Monoi Ora spray already and this set isn't that much more for the additional shampoo and conditioner.  I know some volumizing shampoos dry out hair which I can't afford to do, but this is supposed to be volumizing AND moisturizing.  I know many people like the Monoi products but how is the Monoi Ora? And how is it for color treated hair?

Respected Contributor

Nope. It has sulfates, so it's out for me.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsfI now use Carol's Daughter products exclusively and alternate with  3 different ones and my hair is the best it has ever been.   The Monoi Ora line is great.  I have color treated hair and it keeps my hair pliable and the color does not fade much at all.

Honored Contributor

@sueinsfwrote:

Was hoping to see some discussion of this and curious to hear from those that have used the Carol's Daughter Monoi Ora line. 

I've used WEN for years but my hair is now thinner and looking more flat (especially in the crown) so I've thought about using something for volumizing.  Tried Skinn's Scalp Revitalizer but don't think that has done much.  Was considering the Monoi Ora spray already and this set isn't that much more for the additional shampoo and conditioner.  I know some volumizing shampoos dry out hair which I can't afford to do, but this is supposed to be volumizing AND moisturizing.  I know many people like the Monoi products but how is the Monoi Ora? And how is it for color treated hair?

@sueinsf - there maybe a chat at HSN community page. Hope you get some responses.  But you might just want to try it since it's free shipping. H is very good about accepting beauty returns, they encourage shoppers to try/return if it's not per expectations

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

The Monoi line dried my har out like nobodys' buisness. Holy Moly. And no one was more shocked than I.

As Chi-town Girl said, you can always return to HSN; they're great with returns.

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for your comments.  There is zero on the HSN community on this that I could see!  Reviews overall are pretty good, so I might give it a try.  If it's too drying or isn't kind to my color than yes, I can certainly return it.  Fingers crossed :-)

Honored Contributor

Very surprised this is not sulfate free, most of their shampoos are.