Honored Contributor
<p><li-user login="San Antonio Gal" uid="250168"></li-user>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Fatigue, mood, and recuperation time</p>
Respected Contributor

*Flagged for reading later*  ref:  D82

Honored Contributor

I don't get joint pain except on days when I'm super lazy.  Then my whole body hurts.  

My husband could use that promotes motivation part, but I doubt he needs calming.  

Super Contributor

@monicakm I, too, have MS, unfortunately. Yes, we have to be very careful not to stimulate the immune system. I definitely watch my diet and exercise regularly to help keep inflammation to a minimum. If you are not already taking, start taking Turmeric and L Lysine for inflammation reduction. It really helps!! I have become very holistic in my approach to management and will no longer use any of the DMTs. 

Honored Contributor

Hello @curlygirl13  I'm sorry to read you have MS Smiley Sad  I hope yours is a mild form.  I don't have too many physical issues since losing my vision in 1991.  It came back.  I get really hot really easily and that can make my cognitive go haywire.  But you never know when you wake up one day what might be waiting for you in the world of MS.  I can't take turmeric.  It causes swelling of my lower legs and feet.  I know I've taken L Lysine in the past but I can't remember for what and I'm not currently taking it.  I'll look into it again.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Yes. MS is completely unpredictable! I never know when I wake up each morning and put my feet to the floor if I'll even feel them!! It's a horrible illness that people just brush off because " you look fine." If I hear that one more time I'm going to scream!!! I have full RRMS and no doubt it's progressing. I just need to hope for the best! That's all I can do. Best to you. I know it's a struggle...everyday

Honored Contributor

@curlygirl13 

...people just brush off because " you look fine." 

Boy, isn't that the truth.  But, to be fair, there are other illnesses that are the same way.  I lack stamina and altho everyone's cognitive declines when they're over-heated, I get over-heated a lot faster and my thinking or reasoning ability suffers more than someone without MS.  I have what I call "stupid spells" when I'm stressed and over heated.  For instance, if I want to pick up a fork, I'll pick up a spoon.  If I want to brush my hair, I might pick up my toothbrush.  If I need to press on the brake, I'll press the gas Smiley Surprised  So staying cool and calm is paramount.  Sometimes trying to cook in my own kitchen is like trying to cook in someone's kitchen in Hong Kong and expecting to know where everything is, how things work and how to read the language LOL  Fortunately those episodes are far and few between.  I take 15,000UIs of D3 daily.  I couldn't tolerate the Beta Seron back in 1991.  No new plaques have been detected in a MRI in decades.  I am very VERY blessed.  I had myself dead and buried when I was diagnosed.  My dad took over homeschooling my daughter till I could see again and I put her in public school in the 4th grade.  That's probably my biggest regret.  I hope you have a great support system with the help you need when you need it.