Honored Contributor

I FEEL LIKE A NEW (AND IMPROVED) PERSON.

Anyone know what Rhodiola is?  My husband has

been taking it for about 3 years.  I started taking them

3 days ago.  I also take D82 Stress Homeopathic drops

for sweating.  Just started the Collagen Peptides but I

don't think that has anything to do (yet) with how I feel.

I'm not taking it for my hair/skin/nails, I'm taking it for joint

relief.  I'm moving more freely so maybe it could be the 

collagen already??  Anyone know how long it takes it to work?

This is the Rhodiola we take but there is oodles more on Amazon.

There are 120 caplets for $18.  I'm only taking one.  DH takes two.

Made in America.

• Supports Mood and Mental Energy; Rhodiola is an adaptogen compound that supports mood and mental / physical energy levels

Rhodiola Rosea Supplement 500mg, 120 Vegan Capsules (Manufactured and Tested in The USA, 3% Salidrosides, 1% Rosavins Extract) for Calming and Motivation by Double Wood Supplements

Trusted Contributor

Within a few days, I started to notice less joint pain with my collagen. As time went on it decreased significantly until it was gone. I rarely have any pain in my neck or knees anymore. 

It does take two months to before you will notice any changes to hair or skin. I know you are not using it for that but just throwing it out there. 

Honored Contributor

Just be cautious. It stimulates the immune system and makes MS and RA worse. If diabetic or hypertensive, proceed with caution as it lowers blood sugar and blood pressure. 

Honored Contributor

Thank you @MG Chris   

My non replaced knee has been hurting pretty bad lately.

Actually both of them due to my inflammation/swelling this time

of year due to the heat.  I'm hoping the collagen has a positive affect

on ALL joints (and lower back). 

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

Thank you @MG Chris   

My non replaced knee has been hurting pretty bad lately.

Actually both of them due to my inflammation/swelling this time

of year due to the heat.  I'm hoping the collagen has a positive affect

on ALL joints (and lower back). 

Could you keep us posted on how well it works. Everything I read said it takes 2-5 mos to start working fully. I always like hearing results.

I started drinking bone broth about a month ago. I am hoping to see some added benefits from using another source of collegan.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!  I'm not supposed to take anything that boosts my immune system (apparently  you already knew that).  I will watch out for any symptoms.  I have a very mild form of MS.  I know over heating can affect anyone's cognitive but with MS mine is affected more easily.  That's what my MS mostly affects.  In the beginning I had a bout of partial blindness and unable to walk unassisted but both functions returned 100%.

I 110%  believe in the power of prayer and my parents pray continuously for my health.  I used to wake up every morning and wonder if today I'll have less physical function or lose my eyesight.  Now I rarely ever think about the fact that I have MS.  

Honored Contributor

@MG Chris 

Yes I will.  I don't know what more it could do for my skin and hair tho but maybe it will surprise me.  The Rhodiola has already improved my quality of life.  It may be mental receptors at work but none the less, my body is feeling better and my mood is better.  It's a which came first, the chicken or the egg? (chicken).

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Trinity11 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!  I'm not supposed to take anything that boosts my immune system (apparently  you already knew that).  I will watch out for any symptoms.  I have a very mild form of MS.  I know over heating can affect anyone's cognitive but with MS mine is affected more easily.  That's what my MS mostly affects.  In the beginning I had a bout of partial blindness and unable to walk unassisted but both functions returned 100%.

I 110%  believe in the power of prayer and my parents pray continuously for my health.  I used to wake up every morning and wonder if today I'll have less physical function or lose my eyesight.  Now I rarely ever think about the fact that I have MS.  

That's why before taking any kind of supplements, I check with my doctors @monicakm . I have Type 1 diabetes which is autoimmune so I carefully watch everything. 

MS is in my family, so I understand the struggles. Be well.💕

Honored Contributor

Thank you again @Trinity11 

I should know better.  I used to have the 

mindset "oh it's natural, it's fine"...NOT!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm  - I've read a lot of great reviews on Rhodiola helping with fatigue.