Honored Contributor

Re: Money Saving Beauty Tips

Hey, BB babeKiss; terrific thread!

Here are my own economical beauty & personal care tips, some of which have already been mentioned:

Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel: apply to ANY skin irritation ANYwhere. It's cooling, soothing, moisturizing, and an anti-inflammatory.

Castor oil: at bedtime, use an old clean mascara brush or a disposable spoolie brush (wash them afterwards and keep re-using) through eyebrows to encourage growth plus condition them.

Vaseline/petroleum jelly tube: as above, brush through eyelashes to condition them.

Hair conditioner: use instead of shaving gel to shave your legs and underarms.

Suave or VO5 shampoo: use as liquid hand soap or for hand-washing delicates.

Men's sensitive disposable manual razors: use to shave and exfoliate everywhere, including facial hair. (NO; it doesn't grow back coarser)

Shaving cream: use on your face, as it gives you a closer shave (thereby saving you $)

Baby wipes:

Keep tubs all over, and buy the large bags of refills.

The wipes are awesome for refreshing, plus cleansing and removing makeup/sweat/grime/cooties on your face, hands, feet, and actually every body part!

They're also great for in-between (or in the absence of) showering/bathing/cleansing, as well as for a sweaty scalp in the summer or after working out.

I keep a tub:

*by the toilet (for extra cleansing after 'the Go', LOL)

*in my bathroom

*in/on my bed table

*in my tote

*in my car (when I have one)

Like you, I love the "Huggies Natural Care" for removing makeup or just cleansing my face.

For the rest of my body, I use the following ones that have a soft fresh clean fragrance: "Huggies One & Done Refreshing Cucumber & Green Tea" (oversized and extra-textured), "Huggies Soft Skin" (with shea butter), and "Huggies Simply Clean Fresh".

Phew! LOL

Smile

Honored Contributor

RCMA No color powder. it's a great finishing powder, mattifies and sets. 10 bucks for three ounces! I think purchased mine at least a year ago, after reading all the great reviews, and still have more than half the bottle left!
Honored Contributor

Forgot one, something that I've read numerous times online:

Instead of using colorless brow gel to keep them inn place, use a tube of clear lip balm. It may also impart a little healthy sheen.

Super Contributor

Love this thread!!

Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2015 cuddlesmama said:

Removing makeup. Coconut oil cheap and good for your skin and takes off all of the makeup easy.

I was doing this for a little bit and it really broke me out. I do like it as a hair mask but again must be careful around the face.

Respected Contributor

On 4/7/2015 feline groovy said:

Hey, BB babeKiss; terrific thread!

Here are my own economical beauty & personal care tips, some of which have already been mentioned:

Fruit of the Earth 100% aloe vera gel: apply to ANY skin irritation ANYwhere. It's cooling, soothing, moisturizing, and an anti-inflammatory.

Castor oil: at bedtime, use an old clean mascara brush or a disposable spoolie brush (wash them afterwards and keep re-using) through eyebrows to encourage growth plus condition them.

Vaseline/petroleum jelly tube: as above, brush through eyelashes to condition them.

Hair conditioner: use instead of shaving gel to shave your legs and underarms.

Suave or VO5 shampoo: use as liquid hand soap or for hand-washing delicates.

Men's sensitive disposable manual razors: use to shave and exfoliate everywhere, including facial hair. (NO; it doesn't grow back coarser)

Shaving cream: use on your face, as it gives you a closer shave (thereby saving you $)

Baby wipes:

Keep tubs all over, and buy the large bags of refills.

The wipes are awesome for refreshing, plus cleansing and removing makeup/sweat/grime/cooties on your face, hands, feet, and actually every body part!

They're also great for in-between (or in the absence of) showering/bathing/cleansing, as well as for a sweaty scalp in the summer or after working out.

I keep a tub:

*by the toilet (for extra cleansing after 'the Go', LOL)

*in my bathroom

*in/on my bed table

*in my tote

*in my car (when I have one)

Like you, I love the "Huggies Natural Care" for removing makeup or just cleansing my face.

For the rest of my body, I use the following ones that have a soft fresh clean fragrance: "Huggies One & Done Refreshing Cucumber & Green Tea" (oversized and extra-textured), "Huggies Soft Skin" (with shea butter), and "Huggies Simply Clean Fresh".

Phew! LOL

Smile

I buy the cheap Equate (Walmart) Brand wipes. They're called Exfoliating Wet Cleansing Towelettes With Cucumber, Aloe and Green Tea. The texture really cleans well. Now that I have a few hard cases I just buy the even cheaper four pack refills.

I could have written the last part of your post. I keep them EVERYWHERE. So funny.

Waving madly at BetteB and SGH! Hey Chickies!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Baby wipes are great! I too have them everywhere. They also can remove stains or spills on clothes.

I have to say that I love my Salux cloth I got online. It really works wonders on smoothing all of my skin from my feet to my face. I have one for body and one I use gently on my nose for those pesky pores. I have a Clarsonic that I use several times a week, but like the extra attention to my nose when I need a quick scrub.

Honored Contributor

I use manuka honey to moisturizer my lips,heal cuts and breakouts and also as a corn remover.my mom used Vaseline for everything ..dry skin ,hair frizzies,cuts you name it.We had only Vaseline,aspirin and gentian violet (which she called purple people eater)in our bathroom cabinet.My mom made us use Dial soap from head to toe in the tub.
Regular Contributor

I'm sure everyone already does this, but maybe not.

When a tube or soft plastic bottle of makeup, lotion, first aid cream (basically anything) seems empty, cut it in half. Usually there's at least a few days worth of product still lurking inside. You can stick one cut end inside the other to keep it fresh. I do this all the time with most anything except toothpaste (too messy). Just did it today with a tube of Neosporin Lip Health.

Respected Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Kati said:

I'm sure everyone already does this, but maybe not.

When a tube or soft plastic bottle of makeup, lotion, first aid cream (basically anything) seems empty, cut it in half. Usually there's at least a few days worth of product still lurking inside. You can stick one cut end inside the other to keep it fresh. I do this all the time with most anything except toothpaste (too messy). Just did it today with a tube of Neosporin Lip Health.

You brought back memories. I used to to this with my tubes of Neutrogena foundation since they were becoming hard to find. Like you said, plenty of product left. I'd take a q-tip to get it out and place both ends in a plastic baggie to keep it fresh. It's amazing how much is left. If memory serves I could use it for another 2 weeks.

I like the tip about the foundation- using much less and starting from the middle of the face out. I've found less is much more. It looks much better using less and your skin can breathe!