Respected Contributor

Monat Hair Products? I guess I live under a rock?

I have NEVER heard of this before but someone at work is raving about it, she does NOT sell it but her friend does.

Had to come here.....

Haven't heard of Monat? I must be living in a bubble?!

Anyone hear of it? Use it?

Just looking for some feedback, good or bad, thinking about trying it BUT... still not sure, it is at least 100.00 investment to get 3 products to get going on it.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Monat Hair Products? I guess I live under a rock?

IMHO it is overpriced.  Love Nick Chavez, and Tweaked.  Have you heard of those?

Trusted Contributor

My hairdresser sells it.  Her husband was losing his hair and tried it and she took before/after pics and it was apparent that he had new hair growth.  She swears by it for people losing their hair.  She started selling it about a year ago, so that's when I first heard about it.

Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark   I have heard of both but have not tried either of them in the past.

@Shogirl  I have some thinning at my crown but the rest of my hair is not thinning  - I iddn't even know they sold this is salons, I had never heard of it

Trusted Contributor

@SandGirl

Amazon sells it.  Shampoo is $60.  Conditioner is $50.

Respected Contributor

I have heard of it thanks to YouTube. Seems to be mostly geared towards increasing hair growth. Reviews seem quite positive though I am not sure authentic they all are since anyone can be a distributor of the brand/products. 

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of products that claim to make your hair grow faster and "look" thicker. I don't want my hair to grow faster since I color every two weeks now and I can make my hair look thicker by putting junk in it. I want something to grow new hair in my thinning spots and the only thing I know that will do that is Monoxidyl (sp) which is a lifetime commitment so I haven't started yet. Wish there was a monoxidyl shampoo that could be used every other or third day. That's my dream. 

Respected Contributor

@Qshopper1991  I did not know they were on Amazon, I just want to look there for reviews at least, that's why I came HERE to post since I couldn't find reviews on their website

Honored Contributor

I love Aquage products.  They really perform.  The thickening spray gel does just that thickens your hair, the Volume fix spray, will style your hair just the way you want it from straight to wavy and their shampoos are top grade.  I use the volume shampoo and it also protectts color treated hair.  Their products contain sea botanicals.  Check it out.  Not overly expensive but around $20 and up to mid 20's but last a long time.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Like most MLM, once the people drink the Koolaid, they are convinced that their product is the ONLY one on the market that can help you and anyone who says otherwise is a LIAR.

I've watched this happen to many friends (now ex friends) who fell into the pit and it wasn't a pretty picture. I place Monat in that same group. If you google the company, you'll find out quite a bit about them (3 men) and how their customer service is horrible, how people have had to cancel their CC in order to stop shipments, how almost impossible it is to return a product and anytime or anyplace there is a negative review, there is a member of the cult popping up to say "Hi, I'm XYZ and I'm SO SORRY to hear your story. Please contact me and I'll be SURE to help you! : ) : )"

This is the same response (word for word) that Arbonne would say as well as other MLM and if you did contact them, you received another hard sell and then attitude regarding returning the products. They excuse all the issues with the company and horrible CS as "it's because the products are so GREAT, they just can't keep up with production!: ) : )"

The products do work for some (just like any other line of products). That said, the few women I know who jumped on it and became VIP's (the only way to get a decent deal and you spend around $600 plus) have ALL had issues with their scalp and hair after 4 months of using it. Yes, their hair looked amazing at first. I almost bought stuff because of how great their hair looked. I didn't because I just received my autoship of Skinn hair products, so....not spending any more money. But I would have, based on their hair. It was later that, when catching up at different times with each of them, I started hearing the same story: 

Hair loss. Sores on the scalp. Bald spots. Needing to see a dermatologist. Having to get an Rx for a fungus.... stuff like that. None of the women know each other (well, they do now because I told them how another person I knew was having issues and emails were asked for and now they communicate over their situation), so it stood out to me how they were having similar issues about their hair.

LisaLisaD1 (who I like and watch) has joined them and now uses her channel as an infomercial for her "members" (those who signed up). I'm going to say this as if I really believe she's doing it out of the goodness of her heart and just wants other people to love the products and understand how it all works but I do wonder what will happen 6 months from now if any of the negative issues happen; will she speak up about it (she did about WEN)? After I watched her Monat video a few days back, I started another search and boy, the complaints are everywhere now and they're saying the same thing as my friends. 

To answer your question, OP: No, you're not living under a rock. I have only heard it on YouTube and then when my buddies brought it up (because they wanted to sell to me). Otherwise, the first time I heard it I thought they were talking about the costume jewelry sold at the mall (Monet), lol. Do your research and maybe wait another 6 months or so to see how it's working;  if it's REALLY that great, they'll still be talking about it in a positive way.