Respected Contributor

Re: Moisturizing Body Wash Recommendations Please

Beekman, all the way.  I have been using them before the Q.   The soap and body butter are amazing

Deb

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@BunSnoop   I gave up on the moisturizing body wash/shower gel category. I'm staying with my Beekman large bars of goat milk soap (shows coming up soon). After showering, while still damp, I follow up with CeraVe (ther's a ery rich one in a tub) or Cetaphil. Sometimes I mix with a little oil now that our weather has been in the 30's. I also use the Beekman Body Cream, but quite expensive for every day use. 

I also like Beekman soaps in the shower and at the sink. No matter how many times a day I wash my hands, the skin doesn't dry out when I use their bar soap. I had a bottle of the Korres body wash in a host sampler kit, and I've never had such an itchy back after showering when I used it. That stuff went in the trash. Never had that kind of effect from Beekman's bar soap.

Honored Contributor

I like Korres so much!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller
Respected Contributor

My favorites are Farmhouse Fresh and Sol de Janiero

Esteemed Contributor

I like this because I can get it at Wegman's. My skin never feels dry, and I don't use or need body creams.

Nubian. They also have a goat's milk and a shea butter, et. al.

Coconut & Papaya Body Wash

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

Dove uses artificial dyes, I try to avoid those. 

@Shelbelle 

So why is it recommended by so many dermatologists?  I use that at the recommendation of my dermatologist and follow with Lac-Hydrin lotion.

Honored Contributor

@BunSnoop   I purchased this body wash by Tree Hut at iherb.com.  $8.48 and there are two other scents.  All you need is one pump on your sponge.  This body wash is excellent and extremely moisturizing.

Tree Hut, Shea Moisturizing Body Wash, Coconut Lime, 17 fl oz (502 g)

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Dove uses artificial dyes, I try to avoid those. 

@Shelbelle 

So why is it recommended by so many dermatologists?  I use that at the recommendation of my dermatologist and follow with Lac-Hydrin lotion.

You would have to check with your derm doc, but artificial dyes are not good for us, and there is no reason to use them. If you want to add colors to your products they can be colored with fruits and veggies, like 100% Pure does. Korres does not use them but they still use sulfates. 

Honored Contributor

@noodleann  I purchased the pumper duo (soap and lotion) with little caddy for our sinks. What a hand saver!!

Honored Contributor

I always check body washes/soaps/shower gels for sulfates. I think that's the most drying ingredient.