Respected Contributor

Moisturizers rolling up on your skin

Anyone else have this issue? I have used many some do it some don't. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Moisturizers rolling up on your skin

Google the problem. There are a couple of different reasons why this could be happening, see if any apply to you

Honored Contributor

I don't, but my sister always complained about that.

I thought maybe she was using too much .... but I slather the lotion all over my body and face and it disappears.

I also lightly exfoliate every morning (bath gloves and a bar of soap) before I get out of the tub - that may be why the moisturizer absorbs.

Amazon sells bath gloves - very reasonable prices.  10 pairs for $10.

Honored Contributor

@Lali1   Yes, I find it is the  creams with firming actions....

Frequent Contributor

sometimes moisturizers don't play nice with serums causing the moisturizer to pill when applied. Even if you allow the serum to absorb into your skin. Very frustrating. 

Frequent Contributor

Yes!!!!! For me it is finding the right combo. The moisturizer, primer and foundation all need to be able to play together! If one of these is “off” I will get that pilling. Right now for daytime I am using a Philosophy moisturizer with sunscreen , the Monistat chafing gel for primer and Maybelline Age Rewind Concealer as my foundation. That combo works for whatever reason!
Honored Contributor

When I've had dry skin rolling up, it was because I needed to get off dead skin.

Took a few days of gentle exfoliation.

Ask @Shanus .

Frequent Contributor

You are absolutely right!!!!!   Every woman I know, including myself, will have this pilling whenever the skin is dry and flakes.  It needs exfloiating.

Honored Contributor

I can say that I never experienced that.  I am absolutely in love with my new skincare line and moisturizer.  Buttermilk moisturizer by Mario Badescu.  Lightweight, no Milia.  His line is a lot of fun too with different colors.  My new facial wash is aqua blue.  Chamomile is so calming for the skin and I use his non alchol cleansing lotion (toner).   Anyway, you get the picture.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Most moisturizers don't do this to me but I can't wear Josie's Face Butter. No matter what I do, it rolls on me. Her new one with the Hemp in it doesn't do it though.