Honored Contributor

Re: Moisturizer with Sun Protection?

[ Edited ]

@Julie928  All products with SPF need to be reapplied after 2 hours for full protection.  My suggestion is this:  No. 7 Beautiful Skin moisturizer for the face (they have for dry/normal and oily/normal.  Then I purchased alba Botanica SPF 50 spray for sensitive skin, fragrance free.  Best sunscreen I have ever used.  Dries fast, not sticky.  The spray is clear and fast drying.  Bought online at Target --2 12 oz. cans.  This would be excellent because it is fragrance free and would not attract bees and other insects.  Not to be sprayed on the face but you could always spray on hands and apply to face if you like.    I know you want higher for the face and I hope you find it but I use the No. 7 Beautiful Skin and love it and it's very reasonable.  Cat Very HappyHeart

kindness is strength
Super Contributor

Another vote for Elta MD  clear SPF 46.  It feels like water ,as far as consistency , when spreading it on the skin.  I don't know how they do it.

Honored Contributor

My dermatologist reccommends Eucerin cream with SPF 30 for every day use.

Respected Contributor

I've been using ROC Daily Moisturizer for a few years - SPF 30.

Respected Contributor

You did not mention what skin type you are. That makes a big difference because someone with dry skin won't want a matte SPF. Mine is dry and like Josie's Untinted SPF 47, Farmacy Green Screen, Clarins SPF 50 seem to work the best for dry skin. Hot and Flashy has a YouTube with loads of suggestions too.

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Dog wrote:

Another vote for Elta MD  clear SPF 46.  It feels like water ,as far as consistency , when spreading it on the skin.  I don't know how they do it.

Sounds good, but is it matte?

Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@Lucky Dog wrote:

Sounds good, but is it matte?

@Lucky Dog

Honored Contributor

@Julie928 wrote:

Hello everyone!  I am hoping to get the name of a good moisturizer with (preferably) SPF 30.  I spend a lot of time working in the garden and would really like to have some additional protection from the sun.

I looked at Target earlier and they only had one or two brands ~ one was the Target brand and the other (can't remember the name) I never heard of.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks very much!

@Julie928. Unfortunately in my search for a product that had a high enough SPF and a good moisturizer (not just adequate), I was always disappointed. I finally added a dollop of my usual moisturizer to my spf. Now I have the best solution and saved myself an extra step.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Garnier makes 2 moisturizers  with 15 or 30SPF called

Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Sunscreen Brightening & Smoothing Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15

Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Sun Damage Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30

Both are in pump bottles. 

Ideally an actual just sunscreen product should be applied first, then a moisturizer allowing the sunscreen to dry first before applying the moisturizer. 

I use the SPF 30 Garnier version when I am outside gardening. A tip: can’t get the last little bit out of a tube of sunscreen? Squeeze the remains into this empty pump bottle and use. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Garnier makes 2 moisturizers  with 15 or 30SPF called

Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Sunscreen Brightening & Smoothing Daily Moisturizer with SPF 15

Garnier SkinActive Clearly Brighter Anti-Sun Damage Daily Moisturizer with SPF 30

Both are in pump bottles. 

Ideally an actual just sunscreen product should should be applied first, then a moisturizer allowing the sunscreen to dry first before applying the moisturizer. 

I use the SPF 30 Garnier version when I am outside gardening. A tip: can’t get the last little bit out of a tube of sunscreen? Squeeze the remains into this empty pump bottle and use. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼