Valued Contributor

Moisturizer/night - question

This is a bit of an odd question; but, when you put moisturizer on at night, do you then sleep on your back?

I find a lot of them leave a tacky feeling that then gets deposited on the pillow if you sleep on your side.

Just curious if there's a better way to be doing it.  Or, if you're able to get it to "dry" somehow.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Moisturizer/night - question

I guess you could put the moisturiser on earlier.....like after dinner, or when watching the news.......and wipe off the excess before you go to bed............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I put enough on my face & it should not be heavily applied. Let it dry before heading to bed. Maybe do the moisturizer; then brush your teeth?

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

i’m a side sleeper and it’s never gotten on my pillow all these years. 

Frequent Contributor

Over the last year I have trained myself to sleep on my back.  I prop myself up slightly with 2 pillows.  This has really helped me with less wrinkles on my face and allows my products to protect/hydrate my skin all night.  I use Retin A and then put on a lot of moisturizer and top it off with an oil.  This seals everything in and helps my skin repair and stay hydrated all night.  I always have a thin layer of product on top of my skin that does not absorb.  I like it this way. I think of it as a coat that is there to protect the skin barrier from water loss. I have normal/oily skin that can get easily dehydrated. Cheers to Beautiful Skin!

Respected Contributor

I put my moisturizer on my face at least an hour before going to bed.  If it's a bit tacky, (I try to not use tacky moisturizers), I take a tissue and blot my face.  That helps a lot to get off any stickiness.  

I prefer moisturizers that soak right into my skin. 

Esteemed Contributor

A good moisturizer should absorb into the skin.  Sitting on the surface is really not helping anything.   Use Josie's argan at night.  That's what I do and never have a problem with residue on my pillow.  It doesn't take long for the argan oil to absorb.  

Honored Contributor

I don't put moisturizer on at night. I apply my 'actives' at night and in the morning is when I apply my moisturizer.Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I use one of those silk like pillow covers from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They zip over my regular pillow case and it does the trick. I have ruined pillow cases in the past as it only takes the smallest amount of a cream/lotion to stain a pillow case that will not come out.

I even take one of these covers with me when I travel or am staying at someone's house as I certainly don't want to ruin their pillow case.

I have 3 or 4 of these and put a fresh one on each week when I change my sheets. I think they cost around $10 for king size.

Esteemed Contributor

It should be light enough to absorb quickly into the skin. If it doesn't then I would would apply it and watch some tv for a bit before bed.