Honored Contributor

Moisturizer Creams That Come in Tubs, Any Reviews?

There are lots of moisturizer creams I see that come in tubs and are sometimes sold at Sams.  Have you tried any?  Do you like them?

There is a vitamin C one; another in a yellow tub I've seen forever that has I think A and C in it; and another one that has cherry extract.

I just wanted to know if any of you have tried them and think they are worth buying.  There is also Bio Oil too-whatever that is!  LOL!!

Then they have the Cera-V and Cetaphil--do you like one or the other better?  Inquiring minds want to know!

Thanks for any thoughts.

Regular Contributor

Re: Moisturizer Creams That Come in Tubs, Any Reviews?

I tried the yellow tub one a few years ago. It was only so so...didn't moisturize all that well. The Cera-V felt heavy on my skin, but i buy and love the Cetaphil. It is very moisturizing but not heavy feeling when it soaks in. It lasts a good 24 hours on my skin. I am curious about the cherry one if anyone has tried it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @Sooner.  It isn't a brand sold in warehouse clubs, but it is in a tub.  I tried the M. Asam VinoLift Body Cream and I like it a lot, both in performance and scent.  Out of 126 reviews, it rated 4.5.  It's usually $30 for 10oz.  I originally purchased to layer with the Velvance EDP.  Right now the body cream is on sale for $19.99 with free shipping so I think I'm going back for another.  

Honored Contributor

@Sooner. I love CeraVe. I use the tube of hand cream and have a huge tub of it for legs, body, etc. I haven't seen the heavy duty tub type in a tube. 

I prefer a jar or tub so I can see how much is left. Often it's difficult to get the remainder out of a tube.

Honored Contributor

The tubs are always a great deal but I wonder if I am contaminating them every time I dip my hands into the creams.My DH loves the bio oil and uses it on his face...he has really nice skin for a 68 year old so maybe I should start using it too.The oil is scented though so if you are not a scent person that might be the deal breaker.I like the scent and don't find it overly powerful.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

The tubs are always a great deal but I wonder if I am contaminating them every time I dip my hands into the creams.My DH loves the bio oil and uses it on his face...he has really nice skin for a 68 year old so maybe I should start using it too.The oil is scented though so if you are not a scent person that might be the deal breaker.I like the scent and don't find it overly powerful.

Does it say what kind of oil it is?  I haven't read the package.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@dex wrote:

Does it say what kind of oil it is?  I haven't read the package.

It says PurCellin oil is the breakthrough ingredient but that is all I can see on the bottle.It says see bio-oilusa.com

Trusted Contributor

It's Naturewell and products are made in Arizona.  I've used up several tubs of theirs and have their body washes (haven't tried those yet).  It's a very light consistency which I like and it has coconut oil in them.  The cherry oil fragrance is only here for the spring and if you wait long enough, you can get it for about $4.91 as I purchased another fragrance last year (pumpkin oil) and that was the price on sale.  Those are seasonal fragrances.  For deep moisturizing Cetaphil is the best, but it is very thick and hard to smooth out on your skin (in my opinion). 

Respected Contributor

Love the NatureWell Retinol Advanced Moisture Cream in a 1 pound tub - well worth the price - has a pump on it and I love it on my arms and legs - you can also get it on Amazon, but I got mine at Sam's for I think around $13.  Great deal!

Honored Contributor

@SoonerThis is my opinion --  when you purchase the moisturizer in a tub, everytime you open it, it is exposed to air thus aging it.  I do not like anything SUPER size -- argan oil, moisturizer, body lotion, etc.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength