Frequent Contributor

Model's Pay when the Q is using only their picture, not live on set...

It would be interesting to know how much a model makes when the Q and the vendor use only a prior still picture from previous months when there was no lockdown.  

I used to be in marketing at a major cosmetics company and nothing's free.  Every time an image is used to promote sales of a product, that model is paid. It's in the contract, of course.

Right now, I'm seeing sweet Helen's It Cosmetic before/after picture  being used to sell the CC Cream.  She will be paid for the use of her image.  Not sure if the vendor pays the models or if it's a coop between QVC and the Vendor.  

The former model at the Q, JOY, now owns a model agency and LOTS of the Q models are part of her agency.  Joy would therefore be getting a fee for the use of all of these still pics during lockdown.  Her website is joytalentagency (you know the rest of the web address).

Just a random thought on a rainy Friday.  Hope everyone stays safe and well.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Model's Pay when the Q is using only their picture, not live on set...

I don't know the answer to your question.  But I just want to thank you for bringing up Joy.  I kind of forgot about her.  I always thought she was so pretty.  Glad she is doing well.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Unless they are a Q model or their agent, I don't see how anyone on this forum would know compensation information.

Frequent Contributor

This is a very large and diverse group....you may be surprised!!!

Honored Contributor

And  do they get residuals every time a customer plays a video that they're in?

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Regular Contributor

Actually, I'm fairly certain that payment of both image and video residuals to models would depend on the actual contract the model signed. No doubt QVC owns the rights to the images/videos. Whether the model is paid a residual or QVC's right to use images/videos as often as they wish is included in the payment they receive would be determined by the contract they sign.