Valued Contributor

Why is it that some of the hosts and models look so pasty sometimes, what kind of makeup are they using?  And the wigs and weaves that some of them wear, not attractive or realistic looking.  Are there no mirrors between hair/makeup and the "stage?"

Respected Contributor

Re: Model and Host makeup....

Sometimes they look like way too much self tanner is on and the shine from Illuminator should be sparingly applied not used all over.

They are all wearing heavy, heavy false eyelashes, must be the cosmeticians.

I am sure this post will be poofed.

Honored Contributor

Re: Model and Host makeup....

If I recall correctly, hair and makeup are done by professionals and NOT the host themselves. I, too, have wondered about that on occasion.

True story:

Years ago, 6 or so, I caught an episode of the Young and the Restless. When Nikki walked on the set, I gasped; her makeup was clownlike! Her face was almost white, her blush was 2 round circles, her lips overdrawn and garish. WTH happened?!  Then I saw Jill and Lauren.. SAME GARISH MAKEUP.  Their hair looked awful too.

A few months later I saw an episode and the same women NOW all looked like their classic and polished selves. I hit up a few forums that cover the soaps and sure enough, there were threads months earlier discussing this. Seems there was some kind of a strike going on and the NORMAL makeup and hair people were not available so they called in anyone they could; some did their own hair and makeup. I DO remember some actress looking like they were going the natural look and many of the men looked either super white and pale or just......washed out.

Now I knew why.

I think the same thing happens to the hosts; they are at the mercy of whomever is doing their face and hair and then they have to hit the stage- sometimes you just have to go on and do your job!