Honored Contributor

When you use liquid and cream makeup products do you put them on the back of your hand or use a mixing palette? I've seen some acrylic and stainless steel ones on Amazon and was considering purchasing one. 

Honored Contributor

That is something I rarely do but if I did it more often I would probably invest in something like an acrylic or stainless palette. I have two serum foundations that I mix and I do it on the back of my hand. But I have like 10 foundations so it's not something that gets done every time I apply makeup.

Honored Contributor

I squeeze the product on a fingertips on my left hand and mix with the fingertips from the right.  It's just me so I don't need to bother with the excess equipment.  If I were a MA, I'd use a mixing palette.

Honored Contributor

I mix one or two drops of the Fenty Drop Lit product with my foundation, but since I use my fingers to apply my foundation, I just use my fingers like @JeanLouiseFinch does.  

Honored Contributor

I don't usually mix foundations, blushes or concealers.  However, I do pump my foundation out on the back of my hand then apply with brush or sponge and do the same with concealer.  With cream blush or bronzer, I run a brush over it, then tap it on the back of my hand before applying.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mixing Palette

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 

I have the stainless palette and two stainless steel blending tools. Love them and would not be without them.

A great purchase!

@Jordan2 

this is it

IMG_2472.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I don't necessarily mean mixing products. If you have a cream blush you could put some on the palette and dip your brush in. It's just something I've been thinking about. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Mixing Palette

[ Edited ]

This J. Cat palette set is thick and sturdy. I like the wells better than a flat palette. It was on sale at ULTA and I had a coupon so I paid half price, or just a little less.

I haven't tried the makeup. It's supposed to be light/medium but is more like fair/light.

Edited for typo

Screenshot_20230808-202902_Gallery.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I like using my hand because it warms the product for application.

I do this w/ concealers that are in pots or have those sponge tips (would never go directly to face....how do you clean those?). 

There is a lot of testing shades for clients and always mixing on my hand...lots of baby wipes on my table.

Honored Contributor

@SnowOwl79   I have similar palettes from Makeup For Ever in most of the shades. Great texture for concealer and makeup. You can mix shades together for eye shadow, too.