Respected Contributor
I was just wondering how many of you mix the cleansing conditioners, use different cc's for each cleanse, or use the same cc for both cleanses?? I usually use TT for the first cleanse and something else for the second cleanse. If you do prefer to mix it up or use it straight, why do you prefer it that way? Sometimes I wonder if there are times when mixing is not best or times when mixing is better. What are your thoughts or experiences with this???
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Frequent Contributor

I usually do BGT for both cleanses. However, if a bottle runs out or whatever while I am in the shower--or the pump stops working, I will mix in 613. I think the BGT makes my hair smoother though than the 613 does.

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty random. I usually use Fig and Tea Tree, but how I use them varies. Sometimes I mix them in my hand, other times I put Fig on my length and Tea Tree on my scalp.

I don't usually mix my second cleanse, which might be Fig alone or 613 or a seasonal.

Super Contributor

Since I've started doing the double cleanse, I use TT first and work the scalp, then use Fig or 613 for the second and focus on the hair itself. I have some seasonals that I might try again, hoping they work better as a second cleanse than they ever did for a single cleanse. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor
I usually use TT for the first but so,etching different for the second, just depends on my mood for the second.
Respected Contributor

I usually only do one cleanse with half the pumps, daily, and I've been alternating a core with a seasonal, and using 613 once a week. I did mix a half bottle of POM with a half bottle of LAV (decided I didn't want more than 3 bottles in my shower--1 core, 1 seasonal and 613). The results were just fine, but I think that's the only time I've mixed.

Until I've tried all the formulas, I think I'll just keep using them "straight up", for the most part.

Super Contributor

The only time I use just one cleansing conditioner is when I am trying a new one. I want to smell the product all by itself and see how it performs on its own. I usually do that for two washes so I can get a feel for that formula/scent.

Other times I just mix away depending on my mood or whatever CC I feel like I have a lot of. I really like the formulas of the new seasonal CC's so I am trying to whittle away at the core and old seasonals that I have stock of. Then I will just be able to use new seasonals and 613.

Tami

Regular Contributor
First cleanse is usually TT. On the second cleanse anything goes. Variety is the spice of life!
Esteemed Contributor

I alternate TT and 613 for my first cleanse, and Fig is my second cleanse.

If I'm short on time, I'll do one cleanse with a mix of Fig and 613.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Hilary, this is a great idea for a thread. And I love your subject header. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

For my first cleanse, my forcus is on getting the excess dirt/oil out of my hair so I use TT (and rotate CA in for every fourth time I cleanse).

I use TT because tea tree oil has emulsifying properties that help loosen dried sebum (the scalp's natural oil) and rinse the scalp clean without drying it. TT oil also helps to normalize the scalp's oil production over time. TT oil also has anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties that help keep the scalp healthy.

I rotate CA in for the simple reason that Chaz says it's the most clarifying. I've never had a problem with product build-up, but I've just decided to hedge my bets by adding CA to my routine. CA is also great for removing excess dirt/oil.

For my second cleanse, I use the Seasonals (and rotate 613 in for every third time I cleanse). Chaz has added the amino acid complex, as well as extra skin care ingredients to all of these formulas. I generally use Seasonals/613 for the second cleanse to make sure I am getting the maximum benefit from these ingredients.

--

I almost always use one formula for my first cleanse and a different formula for my second cleanse. This routine satisfies what I need for the first cleanse (remove dirt/oil) versus the second cleanse (conditioning my hair to the max.).

If I feel my hair really needs a boost then I will use 613 for both cleanses.

--

Since my hair is only shoulder length I never put one formula on my scalp and another on the rest of my hair. Logistically, my hair just isn't long enough for it to work. Both CCs would just wind up being mixed together.

--

Occasionally, I'll mix CCs together to create a new scent. My favorite it the FGP/FAS/WCM Thanksgiving and Christmas scent.

-- bebe Smile