Super Contributor

I recently went to Sephora and got samples of 2 fragrances.  The girl marked the samples A and B and wrote on the envelope the names of A and B.  I tried them out during the week and loved A.  It was marked Nest Sunkissed Hibiscus.  I went back on Saturday and bought the bottle of A.  When I got home, I opened the package and tried it.  YUKKKK.  It was not the same.  What could have happened?  Now, am I stuck with a $74 bottle of perfume I hate, or do you think Sephora will take it back?

Regular Contributor

Something similar happened to me recently. I bought the wrong Fresh fragrance. I went back and exchanged it for the correct. You should have no problem exchanging or returning.

Honored Contributor

I agree. Sephora will take it back.  I would smell the sample bottles in the store before exchanging though.  

Super Contributor

Good idea....thanks.

Honored Contributor

She mixed up the scents, they probably will let you exchange for the correct scent.

Super Contributor

I purchased a $94 bottle of cologne....as a gift...for a male friend...at Ulta.....come to find out he doesn't like or wear any type of fragrance ....they took it back no problem...full refund.... I would guess Sephora will take back...refund or exchange...your choice...

Honored Contributor

@seaswirl I don't see why Sephora wouldn't take it back. Explain to the cashier what you stated here, you have nothing to lose by trying.

Esteemed Contributor

My experience has been Sephora is great about returns. 

Honored Contributor

Sephora is great about returns.  I don't abuse it but am really appreciative for it.  Something similar happened to me but she did NOT sell me the wrong perfume.  I spritzed some on, let it dry a minute or two and decided I liked it.  Used it at home and did NOT like it.  They didn't ask any questions when I returned it.

Regular Contributor
They will take it back as long as it’s not half way empty and within the 2 month return frame.