Valued Contributor

Missing Original Amazing Grace

Please don't bombard me with an onslaught of "animal cruelty". I'm not writing about that, nor am I stating it's unimportant. That said, the only fragrance I have truly loved has been Amazing Grace. It hasn't been the same for years with little staying power to virtually nonexistent. Then it had nothing but a strong scent of alcohol. I've searched for a new fragrance. Everything from Dolce Gabbana, Juicy Couture, Hermès and others with no success. Can anyone recommend a clean beautiful Fragrance for me to try? Thank you! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Missing Original Amazing Grace

@HonestLife wrote:

Please don't bombard me with an onslaught of "animal cruelty". I'm not writing about that, nor am I stating it's unimportant. That said, the only fragrance I have truly loved has been Amazing Grace. It hasn't been the same for years with little staying power to virtually nonexistent. Then it had nothing but a strong scent of alcohol. I've searched for a new fragrance. Everything from Dolce Gabbana, Juicy Couture, Hermès and others with no success. Can anyone recommend a clean beautiful Fragrance for me to try? Thank you! 

@HonestLife    I have used Pure Grace for many years.  It was always my favorite...but as you said...something has drastically changed.

Fortunately,  I found another fragrance that I really like.  It is the Elizabeth Arden White Tea.  It is pretty clean fragrance that lasts, but is not overwhelming.  I have had many people compliment me when I wear it.  Just a suggestion.  You might like this one.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Everything changed when Philosophy was sold to Coty. Cheaper ingredients make a cheaper product. When I wore Amazing Grace years ago when one spray would last the day. Now, you'd be lucky to get a few hours from that scent!

I have switched to some of the Demeter Scents which last a long time. My favorite is Sheer Musk with a spritz of Grass! You can mix and match or wear all of them solo.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I used to get a lot of compliments when I wore it...until they watered it down.

It is still my favorite bit but most of the time I wear Amazing Grace with pheromones.

I recently had a very good looking maybe 30 something young man to stand beside meat the grocery store and say something like, "When I came in I smelled something wonderful.  As I came over here, I realized it's you".

I was so surprised I was speechless.  Not something that happens very often.

I just thanked him and (carton hand) moved on.

I think it's the pheromones that some people like the smell of.

Valued Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  That's what I miss spot on. The last time I wore AG, my son said, "It smells like clean diapers in here." That was the end for me. It stopped smelling romantically fresh and more like Downy. 

Super Contributor

I love Summer Grace.  Glad they brought it out of the vault this year.  It is my favorite of the Grace family of scents.  I get lots of compliments. 

Esteemed Contributor

@HonestLife. You're absolutely right.  Once the company was sold, the ingredients changed.  The original Amazing Grace was lovely.  Now it's a bit like bug spray. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I used to get a lot of compliments when I wore it...until they watered it down.

It is still my favorite bit but most of the time I wear Amazing Grace with pheromones.

I recently had a very good looking maybe 30 something young man to stand beside meat the grocery store and say something like, "When I came in I smelled something wonderful.  As I came over here, I realized it's you".

I was so surprised I was speechless.  Not something that happens very often.

I just thanked him and (carton hand) moved on.

I think it's the pheromones that some people like the smell of.

@Annabellethecat66   Where do you get the pheromones?  I have a lot of Amazing Grace to add them to!    
           😀😆😂 👃🏻✨

Respected Contributor

@grandma r wrote:

@HonestLife. You're absolutely right.  Once the company was sold, the ingredients changed.  The original Amazing Grace was lovely.  Now it's a bit like bug spray. 

@grandma r , that's exactly what I thought. I had been getting Pure Grace for quite a while and the scent was pretty much nonexistent so I decided to try Amazing Grace again, my first favorite from them. I got the body wash, body souffle, and perfume thinking I'd layer them as they keep telling us to do in the presentations. All three had the "bug spray" scent, thankfully pretty much dissipated after about half an hour...then no scent at all. It's just so disappointing.