Valued Contributor

Miracle Worker and PC 1% Retinol Question

Interested in ordering PC's 1% Retinol (and at some point the BHA). Using Miracle Worker night moisturizer. (Got the TSV day/night moisturizers),

I'm beginning to see more difference after using the TSV after 21 days.

I want to add PC retinol at night.  Can I use the philosophy moisturizer with this?

Apply before or after Retinol?

Thanks for any advice!

Honored Contributor

Re: Miracle Worker and PC 1% Retinol Question

@seehorse wrote:

Interested in ordering PC's 1% Retinol (and at some point the BHA). Using Miracle Worker night moisturizer. (Got the TSV day/night moisturizers),

I'm beginning to see more difference after using the TSV after 21 days.

I want to add PC retinol at night.  Can I use the philosophy moisturizer with this?

Apply before or after Retinol?

Thanks for any advice!

Yes. I think it's a good idea to wait a few minutes after applying the retinol before applying your moisturizer. But it's definitely fine.

I've been using the 1% retinol for about a month. I followed the instructions on how to work up to using it every night. So far, so good.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Thanks suzy!  You have a lot of knowledge (saw your answer about retinol/aha/bha).

I really want to try PC's retinol and BHA. I'm seeing that the TSV can take me part of the way, but reading about the other 2 ingredients, that may be a better path.

Honored Contributor

@seehorse, if you do go with either the PC 1% or even just the BHA or both, you really have to be patient and start slowly with them. Otherwise, you might get frustrated at any irritation and just give up.

If you do go with both, even Paula would likely suggest that you not use them at the same time until you are totally acclimated.

I'd been using the BHA for quite some time and the retional for about a month, and I'm still alternating them (BHA in the morning and retinol at night.) Most important is to gradually work up to every night with the retinol.

Some people can't. Then they stick with every other night, maybe. It's all good.

Sorry for repeating myself, but it's important with retinol and also with BHA.

Good luck!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@seehorse, if you do go with either the PC 1% or even just the BHA or both, you really have to be patient and start slowly with them. Otherwise, you might get frustrated at any irritation and just give up.

If you do go with both, even Paula would likely suggest that you not use them at the same time until you are totally acclimated.

I'd been using the BHA for quite some time and the retional for about a month, and I'm still alternating them (BHA in the morning and retinol at night.) Most important is to gradually work up to every night with the retinol.

Some people can't. Then they stick with every other night, maybe. It's all good.

Sorry for repeating myself, but it's important with retinol and also with BHA.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advice. Experience counts for a lot!  

LOL   Since the TSV is so pricey, I've actually mended my lazy ways as far as night routine!