Frequent Contributor

Since I have been using complexion rescue and really like it, I ordered the last TSV. I've never used Mineral Veil before. Does anyone else find it very drying or is it just me? I don't know if I'm just not used to the powdery feel of it or what it is. 

Trusted Contributor

I do not like it. It felt drying, and then I saw photos of myself wearing it and I looked like a corpse. Not for me.

Super Contributor

bjried:

"Since I have been using complexion rescue and really like it, I ordered the last TSV. I've never used Mineral Veil before. Does anyone else find it very drying or is it just me? I don't know if I'm just not used to the powdery feel of it or what it is."

I've used MV forever. Part of the function of this product is minimize fine lines & absorb oil, as in oily skin which happens to me thru out the day. I love it. Perhaps you don't have any oil to spare, thus it's too drying?

Frequent Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

bjried:

"Since I have been using complexion rescue and really like it, I ordered the last TSV. I've never used Mineral Veil before. Does anyone else find it very drying or is it just me? I don't know if I'm just not used to the powdery feel of it or what it is."

I've used MV forever. Part of the function of this product is minimize fine lines & absorb oil, as in oily skin which happens to me thru out the day. I love it. Perhaps you don't have any oil to spare, thus it's too drying?

Maybe that's it. My skin is dry, not terribly, but dry. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

I have used MV for as long as I can remember. (I don’t wear foundation.) My favorite is the Bronze Mineral Veil with SPF 25 for just a touch of healthy color on my pasty skin year round. I am very oily and love it. I also finish off with UD’s make-up primer so it never looks powdery. It’s undetectable on the skin.

Trusted Contributor

@bohogypsy

Do you think you’re using too much? Swirl, tap & just a light dusting. I have dry cheeks so I was concerned about this being too dry. So far I like it.

Honored Contributor

I think original MV is very heavy.  Also, you might want to use a featherlight brush with it vs a foundation brush.

And at one point BE made a MV for Complexion Rescue.  It was a QVC exclusive for a while.  I really liked that MV with CR.  It has a different color and texture to it and really gave a better finish.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor

@VaBelle35

Thanks, too bad they didn’t offer it in this TSV instead of the original. I find the original really washes me out, I am already fair skinned and it makes me look ghostly. I really like the Tinted MV which gives me some healthy color. 

Esteemed Contributor

You may like It Bye-Bye Pores instead. I love the pressed version.

I used Mineral Veil years ago, and yes, I know what you mean about the drying feel. Not only that, but as drying as it seemed, the effect did not last all day. I never have to touch up w/ the It product.

Esteemed Contributor

Mineral Veil works best when used only on oily areas of the face. For some that could be all over, while for others it may be just the t-zone.  It's not the best choice of powder for those with mild-to-very dry skin, but as pointed out less is best when applying it on any complexion.