Respected Contributor

Mineral Foundations Question

Do all mineral foundations have a shimmer to them?  I have a friend who uses Bare Minerals, and her face always looks kind of white and shimmery.  I was considering trying Loreal's loose mineral foundation, but I read a review, which said that it had a shimmer to it, and that got me to thinking.  Are there any powder foundations (loose or pressed) that don't shimmer?  I am looking for light coverage with no shimmer.  Would prefer drugstore but would definitely consider higher-end products.

Respected Contributor

Re: Mineral Foundations Question

[ Edited ]

Bare Minerals makes a powder foundation without the shimmer.  They call it the matte version of their regular foundation.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

Do all mineral foundations have a shimmer to them?  I have a friend who uses Bare Minerals, and her face always looks kind of white and shimmery.  I was considering trying Loreal's loose mineral foundation, but I read a review, which said that it had a shimmer to it, and that got me to thinking.  Are there any powder foundations (loose or pressed) that don't shimmer?  I am looking for light coverage with no shimmer.  Would prefer drugstore but would definitely consider higher-end products.

No, they don't.  The Pur Minerals Pressed Foundation doesn't.  It's on sale today on HSN.  Compact & a Brush for $29.50.  I like this one and can wear a few different shades. 

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

No, they don't.  The Pur Minerals Pressed Foundation doesn't.  It's on sale today on HSN.  Compact & a Brush for $29.50.  I like this one and can wear a few different shades. 

I wish I knew which color to choose.  I went online to their website, and using their camera feature, linen looks like the best choice.  I went online to Ulta or Sephora to see if either store carries it so I could run over there to try it in person, but neither store carries it.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You can buy Pur 4in1 at Walmart, Target & other stores....I don't use it because it has bismuth, that ingredient makes me itch & break out. I use Everyday Minerals matte, check out their website...they have a shade finder & I think they still offer minis so you can sample shades. Whatever brand you try I hope you enjoy wearing mineral foundation, I'll never go back to liquid. Be well @Ainhisg.

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 wrote:

You can buy Pur 4in1 at Walmart, Target & other stores....I don't use it because it has bismuth, that ingredient makes me itch & break out. I use Everyday Minerals matte, check out their website...they have a shade finder & I think they still offer minis so you can sample shades. Whatever brand you try I hope you enjoy wearing mineral foundation, I'll never go back to liquid. Be well @Ainhisg.

Thank you so much!  Your response and kindess is appreciated!

Respected Contributor

@kitcat51 I looked at the page, and the shade finder page is no longer working.  I liked what I read about the makeup, and I like the price point.  I can order samples; all I have to do is pay for shipping, so that is an option.  Pur 4-n-1 isn't at my local Wal-Mart or Target unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you're looking for a light to medium-coverage, not full-coverage, check out Honeybee Gardens. They sell samples of all their shades of mineral foundation. They offer a variety pack of all the shades. Their foundation is pressed but the samples come loose inside small ziploc bags.  Their kabuki brush is very nice and not expensive. In fact, none of their stuff is expensive.

Here's their 9-sample pack (9 total for $4.50 +sh):

(This pic doesn't show all their shades but you get 9 for that price)

Honeybee Gardens Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation

Or you can buy individuals of those shades for $.50 each + shipping. 9 shades to choose from.

Their pressed minerals are sold as a replaceable unit which fits inside their compact which you keep and refill as needed. The refills are about the size of a matchbook, not a large amount by any means but do-able and easy to store and carry.

Honeybee Gardens Foundation CompactHoneybee Gardens Pressed Mineral Powder Foundation

Shipping info:

Up to $5.00$3.49
$5.01 to $20.00$5.95
$20.01 to $35.00$7.95
Over $35.00FREE
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Ainhisg wrote:

I wish I knew which color to choose.  I went online to their website, and using their camera feature, linen looks like the best choice.  I went online to Ulta or Sephora to see if either store carries it so I could run over there to try it in person, but neither store carries it.  Smiley Sad

@Ainhisg  Linen is the first one I bought. Like I said, I can wear a few different shades successfully.  

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch do you find that you don't need a primer or concealer with it? Is it really 4 in one?