Honored Contributor

Re: Mineral Foundation Alternatives Please!!

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I know this is an old topic but I wanted to ask you a couple questions about this line of cosmetics - Southern Magnolia Minerals.  I was asking not long ago about products to use for brow health that didn't have a bunch of drugs in them and you replied that this company had a product or two. I ordered one from them and just received it yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to try it.

I also ordered little sample sizes of various products.  The samples were very cheap so I didn't expect to get much product but I don't even know how to apply this stuff since there is just a dab in little plastic baggies.  Have you ever received samples from them?  

Also, if my memory serves me, you said something about using the pearl powder, I think?  I ordered a sample of it but not sure exactly how you use it or what the purpose of it is?

I got a sample of the powder which they said was good for rosacea and blemishes which you use at night.  Have you ever used it?  I'm a little worried that it being a powder, it might dry my skin out more.  I am 69 years old and maybe this would not be a good choice.???  I just now e-mailed the company and asked them about this.  Don't know whether I will get a reply or not.

When you are applying your powder products from them, such as the powder foundation and/or blush, do you use a kabuki brush or what?  

I know this is a lot of questions but I'm just not sure about how to do all of this and I really want to try some of it, as I'm hoping some of this will work for me!

Thank you for any suggestions or help!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I know this is an old topic but I wanted to ask you a couple questions about this line of cosmetics - Southern Magnolia Minerals.  I was asking not long ago about products to use for brow health that didn't have a bunch of drugs in them and you replied that this company had a product or two. I ordered one from them and just received it yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to try it.

I also ordered little sample sizes of various products.  The samples were very cheap so I didn't expect to get much product but I don't even know how to apply this stuff since there is just a dab in little plastic baggies.  Have you ever received samples from them?  

Also, if my memory serves me, you said something about using the pearl powder, I think?  I ordered a sample of it but not sure exactly how you use it or what the purpose of it is?

I got a sample of the powder which they said was good for rosacea and blemishes which you use at night.  Have you ever used it?  I'm a little worried that it being a powder, it might dry my skin out more.  I am 69 years old and maybe this would not be a good choice.???  I just now e-mailed the company and asked them about this.  Don't know whether I will get a reply or not.

When you are applying your powder products from them, such as the powder foundation and/or blush, do you use a kabuki brush or what?  

I know this is a lot of questions but I'm just not sure about how to do all of this and I really want to try some of it, as I'm hoping some of this will work for me!

Thank you for any suggestions or help!

@AngelPuppy1  The mineral powder foundation would go on with a brush, the same way as loose Bare Minerals. Choose the appropriate brush for the product, or one you like using.  I haven't purchased foundation samples, but have received eyeshadow samples with past orders.  Maybe it's just enough foundation to test a shade rather than get a full face application. 🤷‍♀️

I used to use the pearl powder regularly as a finishing powder.  I also used to apply it at night (with a fluffy brush), but I stopped when I started using prescription strength Retin-A.  You can apply with a brush or mix a little in your moisturizer, maybe add a drop of jojoba oil too. Maybe @SilleeMee could weigh in too, but if you are using any kind of exfoliating products in your routine, you may want to set them aside while testing the pearl powder.  I'm not sure if the combo of exfoliating and using the pearl powder would be irritating or not.  Pearl powder can be taken internally but I don't because I avoid supplementing with calcium. It will also be helpful for you to talk with SMM for their guidance. I'm sure they'll reply.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I'm not familiar with "pearl powder". I had to look it up and it sounds interesting. What does it do for your skin?

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you.  I just am not familiar very much with these sort of products. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I'm not familiar with "pearl powder". I had to look it up and it sounds interesting. What does it do for your skin?

@SilleeMee It's supposed to do a lot of things; it's an antioxidant, csn heal acne, reduce redness, promote collagen, reduce hyperpigmentation and enhance luminosity.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you.  I just am not familiar very much with these sort of products. 

Neither was I.  Google is our friend.