Trusted Contributor

Re: MineTan BEAUTY IQ STEAL 7/22

@SilleeMee   Thank  you  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Does it transfer to clothing? I’ve tried many and they claim there’s no transfer, but I’ve found that they all got on my clothing. I always avoid wearing my white/light colored tops and pants because I don’t want them stained. Anyone have experience with this one not getting on clothing? Thanks in advance. It’s a great deal if it works.😊

Honored Contributor

@grandma petes wrote:

Does it transfer to clothing? I’ve tried many and they claim there’s no transfer, but I’ve found that they all got on my clothing. I always avoid wearing my white/light colored tops and pants because I don’t want them stained. Anyone have experience with this one not getting on clothing? Thanks in advance. It’s a great deal if it works.😊

@grandma petes 

Yes, it does transfer. I just checked the inside of the cuffs on my crop jeans and I can see some of the tan stuff on them. I wonder if anyone makes a tanner that won't transfer??

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee @Thanks so much for the reply. I’ve tried almost every self tanner QVC has offered and all of them transfer. I have some really pretty white/light colored tops, but I’m afraid of ruining them with self tanner....oh well, maybe someday.😊😊

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

That's a good deal for 2 full-size Coconut foams and 2 mitts (one is exfoliating)...$25.

Nice price to give it a try if you have never used it before. I've used the Violet and the Caramel, but I might give this Coconut one a try. It's been mentioned here several times as a favorite one to use.

https://www.qvc.com/MineTan-Coconut-Tanning-Foam-Duo-w-Exfoliation-Mitt.product.A306590.html?sc=SRCH

The Coconut is actually the first formula that I tried when I started using Mine Tan. It gives a much lighter color. I am not into being dark but I do like the Violet better.

Trusted Contributor

@Tricolor   So the Violet is a darker color choice?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for that info @Tricolor . I didn't know that the Coconut is a lighter shade than the Violet, which I love. I did order the Coconut deal anyway...I'll see how it goes. 

This may sound strange but when I apply my self tanner with a mitt, I apply it with the mitt turned inside out so that the shiny vinyl side is on the outside. I find that my product goes on evenly, just like it would using the other side, but the vinyl side doesn't eat any product and it seems to give a more intense shade. Strange , I know.Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

The best way to keep a self tanner from transferring to clothing is to use one without a color guide--and let it dry and absorb completely before putting on any clothing. Yes, that means a lot of standing around fanning yourself in the powder room lol.

I just do my tanning before bed. I wear a giant loose t shirt, so I  don't have to worry about anything rubbing off on seams etc. And since my tanner doesn't have a color guide, the sheets aren't affected either.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

If you're tanning for swimsuits, or need your whole back tanned, it's best to just get a spray tan.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Thanks for that info @Tricolor . I didn't know that the Coconut is a lighter shade than the Violet, which I love. I did order the Coconut deal anyway...I'll see how it goes. 

This may sound strange but when I apply my self tanner with a mitt, I apply it with the mitt turned inside out so that the shiny vinyl side is on the outside. I find that my product goes on evenly, just like it would using the other side, but the vinyl side doesn't eat any product and it seems to give a more intense shade. Strange , I know.Woman Very Happy

Well geez I will have to try that. Never thought to do that. It make sense though because the mitt is so plush that he does eat up some product. Thanks for the tip.Woman Wink